Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 15-11-2008, 09:49 PM   #1
AiRiFiEd
Arofanatic

Default My Ranchu~

Hi bros~ just wanna share my new rancHU~ might not be showgrades like those u all have but im just excited ~ =p recently gave away some gf cause pleco keeps sucking on them...but got rid of the plecos~ so got myself another ranchu

just wondering..heard the space needed for GF is 1ftx1ftx1ft for 1 gf...issit true? cause im currently housing my gf in a 1.5 x 1 tank =\

AiRiFiEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2008, 10:01 PM   #2
BENG66
Dragon

Bro, you might want to upgrade your tank to 2-3 feet at least. Is a tough job for you to maintain the water parameter. you might want to read the thread in GF keeping previously brothers here posted. anything unsure just post and let brothers here assist you.

FYI, your GF are not in good health.

Regards
BENG66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2008, 10:01 PM   #3
Leong68
Endangered Dragon

nice pair, do not mix with pleco. pleco will nib them. bro
Leong68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2008, 10:07 PM   #4
AiRiFiEd
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENG66 View Post
Bro, you might want to upgrade your tank to 2-3 feet at least. Is a tough job for you to maintain the water parameter. you might want to read the thread in GF keeping previously brothers here posted. anything unsure just post and let brothers here assist you.

FYI, your GF are not in good health.

oh no...how come not in good health?? its swimming fine and eating well??

Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leong68 View Post

bro its just one....its the reflection from the glass =p haha
Old 15-11-2008, 10:08 PM   #5
westiee
Dragon

Agreed wif bro beng get at least a 2ft tank or tub...welcome to ranchu keeping..any doubts feel free to ask any bros here...
westiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2008, 10:09 PM   #6
AiRiFiEd
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by westiee View Post
Agreed wif bro beng get at least a 2ft tank or tub...welcome to ranchu keeping..any doubts feel free to ask any bros here...
thanks bros for the advise..its currectly @ 2inches...around when do i have to upgrade to a tub and of what size ar?
Old 15-11-2008, 10:12 PM   #7
Leong68
Endangered Dragon

[QUOTE=AiRiFiEd;6325592]Hi bros~ just wanna share my new rancHU~ might not be showgrades like those u all have but im just excited ~ =p recently gave away some gf cause pleco keeps sucking on them...but got rid of the plecos~ so got myself another ranchu

just wondering..heard the space needed for GF is 1ftx1ftx1ft for 1 gf...issit true? cause im currently housing my gf in a 1.5 x 1 tank =\
[QUOTE]

where you buy this pair, bro.
Leong68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2008, 10:50 PM   #8
Alvin Loh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leong68 View Post
I agree with Brother Beng66 and Brother Leong Nice ranchu but maybe consider a 2 - 3 feet tank more space can grow bigger - Just my 2cents
Old 15-11-2008, 10:54 PM   #9
AiRiFiEd
Arofanatic

[QUOTE=Leong68;6325653][QUOTE=AiRiFiEd;6325592]Hi bros~ just wanna share my new rancHU~ might not be showgrades like those u all have but im just excited ~ =p recently gave away some gf cause pleco keeps sucking on them...but got rid of the plecos~ so got myself another ranchu

Quote:

where you buy this pair, bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Loh View Post
I agree with Brother Beng66 and Brother Leong Nice ranchu but maybe consider a 2 - 3 feet tank more space can grow bigger - Just my 2cents
thanks brO~ bought it from a LFS but only thought this one was nice~ just wondering...u know sometimes theres this slight bend at the tail...like a fold at the edge....hw do u solve that? can use scissor cut and let it regrow? cos i wanted to buy another piece but there was this fold at the tail..any bros can advise?
Old 15-11-2008, 11:44 PM   #10
wei
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiRiFiEd View Post
theres this slight bend at the tail...like a fold at the edge....hw do u solve that? can use scissor cut and let it regrow? cos i wanted to buy another piece but there was this fold at the tail..any bros can advise?

if i am not wrong, there's no way of regrowing after trimming...if you really like it very much and not rearing for showing, then maybe can buy lor...
wei is offline   Reply With Quote