Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Fanatics Club Activities

Old 18-10-2009, 10:29 AM   #71
amiidae

I can imagine the thrill and excitement of those bros by looking at those shots and I really salute Vincent to take such risk for allowing the hobbyists to handle his breeding stock to promote the hobby.

amiidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 10:37 AM   #72
stoner
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiidae View Post
I can imagine the thrill and excitement of those bros by looking at those shots and I really salute Vincent to take such risk for allowing the hobbyists to handle his breeding stock to promote the hobby.
Yes...Vincent does have a very Big Heart...to allow us to "man_handle" his price brooders... especially the Reds....

I think he nearly freak out when I man_handled his reds... heart stopping moments!

Kudos to Vincent!!!
stoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 12:04 PM   #73
D24

AFC Committee

Dear all

AFC and the AF's Events Team are delighted that many of you enjoyed the "Up Close and Personal with the Dragons" @ Imperial Arowana on Saturday. It was also heartening to see many members bringing their familiies along and we certainly hope that our events will evolve into family-centric events as well, encouraging family bonding, in addition to friendship among the hobbyists.

We all have Barney to thank for this "daring" suggestion and to Vincent for making it possible. It was an experience for hobbyists, which is unprecedented! Bravo Imperial Arowana!!!

Special thanks to the events team, especially, alf88, fish2102, genki, haya23busa and zon, who have once again tirelessly helped with all the planning and logistics and to SoToNgMaN & angelo, our de facto photographers. kam siah.....

D24
Old 18-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #74
rambo
Dragon

A big thank you to Vincent for opening your farm to us. Many thanks to John, D24 and AFC Organising Committees for putting together to make this event a success!

I had a wonderful Saturday morning spend at VIP. A life time experience and fond memory of up & close to the Super Red Arowana and XB. The Super Red has definitely left me a bruised with it strong dart onto my right stomach.

Once again, thank you for making things happened at VIP. Cheers!
rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 03:18 PM   #75
genki
Dragon

Great event @ IP & a lifetime experience for those within the mud ponds. Thanks to Vincent, staff of IP, AFC members & committee alike for making it a memorable event.

Rambo, I got the vids to show how you got those bruises (0:33). Even Kspkcm got his back rear-ended by one (4:31). Stoner, you got use Listerine to wash your mouth after bo? Wahahaha!
A first for me to see hobbyists kissing the arowanas which really is............"Up Close and Personal".

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by genki; 18-10-2009 at 03:25 PM.
genki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 05:48 PM   #76
blurblur

Hi, thanks all for my dream come true by having a red in my arm and able to kiss the fish.

Thanks for the teams & boss (vincent) to make this almost impossible dream come true for all of us.

ps. Hi, photographer can I have those picture that I have the red in my arm & kissing(RA) the red (original raw format) so that i could develope to A4 size and frame up?

What a dream.
Old 18-10-2009, 05:56 PM   #77
genki
Dragon

Another vid with 59 Xback fries.

YouTube Video
genki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 06:19 PM   #78
Nomis
Dragon

Thumps up to AFC organiser and kudos to vinc for making this event possible and succesful.

Will there be any updates on Q & A issue with Vincent ???

Wat was asked and answers (like the one with Derrick) ?

Too bad unable to make it due to other commitment.

Good job AFC !!!

Simon
Nomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 06:45 PM   #79
stoner
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo View Post
A big thank you to Vincent for opening your farm to us. Many thanks to John, D24 and AFC Organising Committees for putting together to make this event a success!

I had a wonderful Saturday morning spend at VIP. A life time experience and fond memory of up & close to the Super Red Arowana and XB. The Super Red has definitely left me a bruised with it strong dart onto my right stomach.

Once again, thank you for making things happened at VIP. Cheers!
Yes, well said...!

All thanks to Barney, D24 and the events team! Without you guys, this event would'nt have happen...

I couldnt tell you what joy this event have and had brought me... I went to bed yesterday night with a big wide grin...

Kudos to Everyone..!

I couldnt wait for the next event!

Cheers!

Stoner
stoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 06:49 PM   #80
SoToNgMaN

Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurblur View Post
ps. Hi, photographer can I have those picture that I have the red in my arm & kissing(RA) the red (original raw format) so that i could develope to A4 size and frame up?
which photographer?

personally dun recall having any of such pics

"Huo Dao Lao Xue Dao Lao"
Knowledge shall I seek till wither

Photography Gallery
http://www.watchsg.com
SoToNgMaN is offline   Reply With Quote