Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 04-02-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
stackdeck

Post reccomend filter for 5foot?

hi i have i 5ft tank now am wating for the stand to come b4 i fill with water.........any bros can reccomend the best filter? i have a canister filter but it may not be enough any ideas?(not sure on flowrate on canister)
Old 04-02-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
PNT Guy
Dragon

Well it depends on what kind of filtration system u prefer. OHF, Canister (Fx 5 would be good), sump or ios?
PNT Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #3
Mr.Q
Dragon

hi bro for 5feet and above best for me is to use sump tanks
Mr.Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #4
stackdeck

Thx for replies , i like the canister type but ive heard the biological filtration nt so good. . . .Can just take.those box filter and fill with bioballs? And whats the price approx.for fx-5?
Old 04-02-2011, 09:54 PM   #5
wei_yuan86
Dragon

Hi brother, the possibilities vary greatly in in terms of filtration type and media...
Perhaps you should read up on them before deciding.
Should also consider what fishes you intend to keep, the number of livestock, planted/non-planted? Some filters could be too strong for your fishes to swim happily in your tank while some fishes are sensitive to water conditions. It's quite hard to recommend filter types w/o much information..
wei_yuan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #6
Mr.Q
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wei_yuan86 View Post
Hi brother, the possibilities vary greatly in in terms of filtration type and media...
Perhaps you should read up on them before deciding.
Should also consider what fishes you intend to keep, the number of livestock, planted/non-planted? Some filters could be too strong for your fishes to swim happily in your tank while some fishes are sensitive to water conditions. It's quite hard to recommend filter types w/o much information..
agree,first of all u have to think of what fish and how many fishes u r going to keep,if u just keep 1 or v few fishes then i think u dont need to build a powerful filtration system
Old 04-02-2011, 10:49 PM   #7
Sinubux

Sump tank would be my preferred choice but still have to depend on what type of fauna in the 5 feet tank.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:13 PM   #8
PNT Guy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stackdeck View Post
Thx for replies , i like the canister type but ive heard the biological filtration nt so good. . . .Can just take.those box filter and fill with bioballs? And whats the price approx.for fx-5?
Yeah i would recommend sump tank filtration system too, easy maintain and have a big capacity for medias.

Canisters is what i currently running on as my main system maintaining them is a chore as i do not have the money to get a sump system.

A fluval fx5 cost around SGD300+ if i remembered correctly.
PNT Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:22 AM   #9
stackdeck

The fishes going in are small now , but do grow big . Probably no $ for a sump too so i guess canister sounds good , and anyone know weather a.few box filter with bio balls will work?
Old 05-02-2011, 12:32 AM   #10
Mr.Q
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stackdeck View Post
The fishes going in are small now , but do grow big . Probably no $ for a sump too so i guess canister sounds good , and anyone know weather a.few box filter with bio balls will work?
bro how about OHF?a 5feet OHF with some trays i think just around 50+ will do

Tags
5ft, filter