Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 05-11-2002, 12:25 PM   #41
Ranchuseed

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishMadman

Where can i get Japan ranchu? And how u appreciated Japan ranchu?

How do u appreciated Japan ranchu? you have not answer my question yet
Old 05-11-2002, 01:02 PM   #42
Ranchuseed

Quote:

How do u appreciated Japan ranchu? you have not answer my question yet

how do you compare fishes like Kashino, Shindo, Kawai,furue,asano, tanaka, sakamoto, okabe,nakano and many more. What can you say about them?
Old 05-11-2002, 01:39 PM   #43
newie

hi,

To keep the jap ranchu properly,
1. u need 3x4 feet tub, with 1 feet depth, very little current in the water( i use only air pump). - jap ranchu swim pattern is very important, if there is high current, they will be force to swim against them, and that may affect their body/tail growth, and swim pattern
2. feed only once/twice in the morning,
I do this to cultivate green water, and there is no need to feed more.. also to control the ammonia level. You will notice if the water quality is bad. the colour degrade.

If you have 2 or more jap ranchus, u may notice they swim in groups, and "sleep" in groups as well. the ranchu should swim straight, and the tail should be spread out, balanced, not too big and too small.

Also, the eye should be looking at the side, (not up or front) ie should not able to see much the eye at top view.

body straight, ie stomach not big from top view, and balance. (ie stomach not 1 side bigger)...

tail bone should be thick... (very difficult to find... u will see in my gallery that the white ranchu has a thinner tail bone when compare to the red/white)

if you can find 1 ranchu with the 80% of the above characteristics, probably the price is >1500. ...
Very good ranchu will not to sold to singapore lah, let's face it...

one more thing.. do not buy on impulse, learn how to appreicate first before you buy, orelse, like me, l give away those low quality ranchus that i bought initially...
Old 05-11-2002, 01:44 PM   #44
newie

I do not have much perference, as long as i like the fish, i buy..

generally, kawai, and kashino suit my taste...

u may notice every breeder have their own characteristics.. up to the indiividual also...

wow, your question very "solid", i am not an expert also, you also seems to know a lot, give us your comments leh...

Quote:

how do you compare fishes like Kashino, Shindo, Kawai,furue,asano, tanaka, sakamoto, okabe,nakano and many more. What can you say about them?
Old 05-11-2002, 02:58 PM   #45
newie

guys,

below are a good link to understand jap ranchus...

Jap ranchu info:
http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~yokusho/moyou.htm#

Jap to English translation:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr
Old 05-11-2002, 08:32 PM   #46
egstring

wah lau! i started the thread just wanna know more abt ranchu keeping.....den all of a sudden becum so proffesional talk...
Old 05-11-2002, 11:47 PM   #47
goldfishfever

This is what keeping ranchu is all about. This is not professional talk, people in the goldfish and ranchu hobby are very detail and dedicated. Please understand.
Old 06-11-2002, 01:56 AM   #48
Ranchuseed

Want to talk more on ranchu and other goldfish go to my forum any goldfish or ranchu

http://arofanatics.com/forums/showth...threadid=34803

Start the ball rolling
Old 06-11-2002, 02:15 AM   #49
Ranchuseed

Quote:
Originally posted by newie
I do not have much perference, as long as i like the fish, i buy..

generally, kawai, and kashino suit my taste...

u may notice every breeder have their own characteristics.. up to the indiividual also...

wow, your question very "solid", i am not an expert also, you also seems to know a lot, give us your comments leh...

Where do you buy your fish, from Ranchu Palace? Do you every time buy fish from there. Tell me is ok. Every body learns their mistake. Me too Learn alot from mistake.

Your appreciation of fish still not there yet keep up you still have room for improvment. And you have just started am i right. Sorry no offence.

Keep up ok. Would one day see you make it right.

Start my forum for me any goldfish or ranchu. Just to let you know i keep normal goldfish only.

And also help me to tell people don't get con by Ranchu palace

Last edited by Ranchuseed; 06-11-2002 at 02:19 AM.
Old 06-11-2002, 03:15 AM   #50
aw_i

Hi Goldfishmadman,

Wow been following this thread and seems to me u r quite familar with ranchus n stuffs. Hope u can help me with the questions below?

1)How do u acertain a "good" buy? Meaning which particular traits shld I lookout for judging a quality buy. Would b great if u can tell me a little abt each traits to lookout for each breed.

2)Pls recommend a reputable Lfs/farm/etc where I won't b "carrot headed".Best if its one which is ard for several yrs.Even better if u know someone there or any lobangs u can give.

3)seems that there r basically 2 types of ranchus(ie.Jap vs Thai), so how do we appreciate them? Body shape? Swim posture? How do we tell the difference btw a show grade n another which is not?

4)Is there a particular special diet for them? What shld be in their daily diet? How many times to feed each time?

5)How can we enhance/maximise their potential? At wat age/maturity do they reach their full potential? Is there any external factors we can manipulate to achieve this?

6) Wats the steps/things to lookout for fr yr experiences if I want to breed them.(ps:thinkin of matching/breeding a pair).Is it easy to do so?

Hope to hear it fr a pro himself.

Last edited by aw_i; 06-11-2002 at 03:19 AM.