Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Announcements & Guidelines

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 01:53 PM   #21
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by artifect2002
So you mean those happily zapping with ill intension will get away easily.... or will you be the netpoliceman?Yup that's right, coments must go together, dont the rep ? (imo... no offence)
i've already put it in my earlier post in this same thread .. i'll appreciate u dun jump into conclusions and put words to be attributed to me ... thanks
Old 02-03-2005, 02:31 PM   #22
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahl
John, there might be a case for knowing reasons if we are unsure why we are zapped. You can only modify behaviour if you know what behaviour is disapproved of. E.g. being zapped if you post something constructive as been mentioned. At least if we know the reason, and they are stupid or trivial, we can ignore the zap. But it could be for a good reason we are not aware of at the time of zapping.
actually we can see our user cp and see which post it has been zapped (usually those who add will give reason or name) ... u can almost certainly know the reason urself, but most times we'll choose not to see it ... and of cos post to ask and justify ourselves ... as for those tat u cannot see the reason, like wat u say, dismiss them as stupid or trivial ... if u see a systematic way of zapping urself, (like in ur case), eight zaps all within one minute of each other, u know i'll look into it ... although i dun reveal any names to you, i believe u know action has been taken

there's another case of a member being zapped badly ... and tat's because he posted for sales the same items in all the different forums ... as usual he choose not to see wat he has done and pm me .. but his reps were all zapped by different people, most dun give a reason but to me, its obvious its because of spamming
Old 03-03-2005, 02:27 PM   #23
lucasrock
User Under Moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan
actually we can see our user cp and see which post it has been zapped (usually those who add will give reason or name) ... u can almost certainly know the reason urself, but most times we'll choose not to see it ... and of cos post to ask and justify ourselves ... as for those tat u cannot see the reason, like wat u say, dismiss them as stupid or trivial ... if u see a systematic way of zapping urself, (like in ur case), eight zaps all within one minute of each other, u know i'll look into it ... although i dun reveal any names to you, i believe u know action has been taken

there's another case of a member being zapped badly ... and tat's because he posted for sales the same items in all the different forums ... as usual he choose not to see wat he has done and pm me .. but his reps were all zapped by different people, most dun give a reason but to me, its obvious its because of spamming

Jwhtan...I see your logic behind this. But if you dont want to put in the zappers name...another upgrade would be to enforce 'comments'...make it a mandatory field. So, if zapper got nothing to say....No zap. If you want to zap someone...then be man (woman) enough to say something....whatever it is.!!! This is about taking accountability for your actions.....
Old 03-03-2005, 02:42 PM   #24
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasrock
Jwhtan...I see your logic behind this. But if you dont want to put in the zappers name...another upgrade would be to enforce 'comments'...make it a mandatory field. So, if zapper got nothing to say....No zap. If you want to zap someone...then be man (woman) enough to say something....whatever it is.!!! This is about taking accountability for your actions.....
pls read the post u quoted ... thanks
Old 03-03-2005, 02:59 PM   #25
yijing55

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasrock
Even if comments are made compulsory....
You may at the end of the day see comments like aaaaaaa, bbbbb, cccccc...
I dun think its at all necessary for the admin to make comments compulsory...
Its up to the members to use the system as it was meant for.....
Most importantly, the rep system is just an additional feature/ tool in the forum, ultimately its the sharing and learning thats important to me....
Just my views....

Old 03-03-2005, 11:31 PM   #26
artifect2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by yijing55
Even if comments are made compulsory....
You may at the end of the day see comments like aaaaaaa, bbbbb, cccccc...
I dun think its at all necessary for the admin to make comments compulsory...
Its up to the members to use the system as it was meant for.....
Most importantly, the rep system is just an additional feature/ tool in the forum, ultimately its the sharing and learning thats important to me....
Just my views....
if they put aaa bbb ccc and still allow to zap people then there is some serious problem. Since we are being tagged to this REP points, it is only fair to allow people to see why this person is being hate/love by the community so nobody will be labelled as "S hole" without cause.

Old 07-03-2005, 04:42 PM   #27
SnooPy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan
pls read the post u quoted ... thanks

Bro ,, I think hor,,,
why not everything as usual,, but the total number of person who zap either plus or minus in the same topic, can only entiltle to one plus or minus max..

Is lika casting a vote end of a day.. Only admin or moderator can make the final tick on the rep pts ..
So that those who against somebody cannot do things at their own way,, everyday free zap zap zap people liao..

YOu can simply get many zap [ minus ] juz by offending a person.. Maybe even of no valid reasons.

For ya consideration hor. Juz a thought of mine.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:22 PM   #28
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by castrol
can someone tell me how to delete away those things which ppl upzz or zap in the user cp?? thank you.
u can't do that ... deleting them away will then disable ur rep altogether ..
Old 10-03-2005, 03:00 PM   #29
Honeystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnooPy
Bro ,, I think hor,,,
why not everything as usual,, but the total number of person who zap either plus or minus in the same topic, can only entiltle to one plus or minus max..

Is lika casting a vote end of a day.. Only admin or moderator can make the final tick on the rep pts ..
So that those who against somebody cannot do things at their own way,, everyday free zap zap zap people liao..

YOu can simply get many zap [ minus ] juz by offending a person.. Maybe even of no valid reasons.

For ya consideration hor. Juz a thought of mine.
bro, like that then admin/mod will be bery bo eng if they are to make the final tick on the rep pts...this sys can only work if only everyone cooperate...and this sys works very well against trouble makers as its easier to lose pts than earning it...ppl start to think b4 they reply...if tio backstab for reply which u think is good, then is purely ur luck no good...just dont take ur rep pt too seriously...i am sure if u happened to hit -50 pts, the mod/admin will review ur case...

Old 05-04-2005, 08:53 PM   #30
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit
currently it was shown that i have a rep power of 2.

i noticed that when i deduct someone's point. i only zap him by 1 point as opposed to my rep power of 2.

however when i up someone's rep. it goes up by 2.

i made this post after observing by refreshing immediately after i added/deducted for sometime now and thus this post.

bug or did i misread the system somewhere?

thanks
Other than Admin, ur zap power will be at half of ur add power ... let's say ur rep power is 4, ur zap power will be 2 only ... this is a intended bias so that it'll be more difficult to zap a member to minus .... the main intention is always to encourage rather than to penalise
Closed Thread