Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 11-10-2014, 06:40 PM   #21
Clamence
Arofanatic

Changed the foreground plants and the japanese hair grass in between the rocks and im not satisfied with their growth. Maybe they are more suited for high tech tanks or im not patient enough Crypt at the back is growing well though, love the brown-green color, adds a little variety into the tanks Also, i place a pair of cherry shrimp abt two months ago and now i have dozens of them, seems like they are very prolific breeders. Maybe due to my fan keeping the temp low, as i have another tank with fire red but they arent as prolific.

Here is the fore ground plant, i think it is Hemianthus Micranthemoides, seems to grow alot faster than the HC. I still leave a few plugs of HC in the middle just to compare their growth. HM definitely grow faster in the conditions of my tank.

Notice i leave some algae on the side walls. Partly due to my laziness and also they help feed my cherry shimps.

Heres the plants in between the rocks: Staurogyne Repens. Although leaves are abit too big for the tank, but their reputation as an easy plant to grow got me into buyin some to try out. Im looking for a dense bush in the middle to cover up some parts of the rocks, as it seems kinda bare now.

Heres a tiny new addition : Bucephalandra Biblis Blue. Found this guy floating abt in my larger tank so wedge him in there in the crevice of the mother rock. shouldnt be a problem to grow in this condition, but growth is dam slow as with all bucep.

THANKS for reading, and comments are welcome
Clamence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:45 PM   #22
Clamence
Arofanatic

Forgot to add, im very disappointed in the dymax fan i bought, it started making loud noises a few months after i got it. As my fan is on a timer ( on half an hour, offed the next 45 min, to save on the electricity bill), everytime it turns on it start makin loud grinding sound as if the blades were rubbing on sth. Have not opened it up to check. But it gets really annoying especially when it is in the night.
Old 19-10-2014, 05:32 PM   #23
whitedash
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamence View Post
Forgot to add, im very disappointed in the dymax fan i bought, it started making loud noises a few months after i got it. As my fan is on a timer ( on half an hour, offed the next 45 min, to save on the electricity bill), everytime it turns on it start makin loud grinding sound as if the blades were rubbing on sth. Have not opened it up to check. But it gets really annoying especially when it is in the night.
Bro try this out Aqualighter aFan. Bought this from GC recently. So far one of the best fan in the market. It comes with a thermostat, the fan will stop once the water temperature is below 25 degree. Nice design too
http://www.aqualighter.com/product_i...roducts_id=524
whitedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #24
Clamence
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedash View Post
Bro try this out Aqualighter aFan. Bought this from GC recently. So far one of the best fan in the market. It comes with a thermostat, the fan will stop once the water temperature is below 25 degree. Nice design too
http://www.aqualighter.com/product_i...roducts_id=524
Must cost a bomb! Thanks anyway