Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 18-01-2011, 07:04 PM   #21
andyq

Say if I use a 2 head dolphin mini with a pump flow rate of 400l/hr. Is that enough?
Old 04-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #22
JeffL
Arofanatic

Default Review of Iceprobe Chiller

Review of Iceprobe Chiller. For the sake of many who can't find such review. I was one victim when I was considering this option.

Efficiency
- Used it to cool down Dymax IQ3 (est. 6L) to 24-23 no problem. Take note my ambient temperature is close to 29-30. Very warm area.
- Tried it on a 20L tank but not very efficent. So I would say Dymax IQ5 can cool down to 24-25

Noise
- Almost none. Only a very slient DC fan running.

Installation
- Need need to drill hole to insert it in. Can diy a stand for it and reverse it into the water. As long the cooling part touches the tank water. For me, I reverse it and rest it into the overflow.
- Small and nicely built.

Overall I would say this is a very good option if you need a chiller for small small tank yet having space constraint. Also it is neat and nice looking. No noise. Great for small display area.
JeffL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:58 PM   #23
ccm

i was looking at this product last time, from my knowledge after intense photo n review search.. the ice probe requires u to DIY a holder to hold it in place over the water surface. or either to drill a hole at the side of the tank to fit in the ice probe in... it doesnt have a hang over suction or hanger.. u might wan to confirm this.. and the cost is like ard the price of a mini doplhin chilller, would rather u get that..
Old 04-08-2011, 10:00 PM   #24
ccm

opps, didnt see the post above.. haha