Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum

Old 29-07-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
octopus
Arofanatic

Default Recommendation for fishes suitable for Planted tank

Looking to add some colorful fishes to the tank. At the moment i have Rummy Nose, Cardinal Tetra, Halequin Rasbora. Read about Galaxies and have added it to the collection a week ago. Any suggestion for other harmonious fishes. I have tried guppies but they died on me and have ruled it out. If any bro have too many of such fishes can sell them to me as well.
octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 11:52 PM   #2
braveyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
Looking to add some colorful fishes to the tank. At the moment i have Rummy Nose, Cardinal Tetra, Halequin Rasbora. Read about Galaxies and have added it to the collection a week ago. Any suggestion for other harmonious fishes. I have tried guppies but they died on me and have ruled it out. If any bro have too many of such fishes can sell them to me as well.

Hi bro,

I love keeping small fishes in planted tank too. But i dont like to mix them in small mass, maybe 2 large group is good. Some of my favourite one and look great in a planted tank are Rasbora, White Cloud Mountain Minnows, Serpae Tetras, Ember Tetras, Blood fins and Red Phantom Tetra. And also since u r planting planted, u might want to keep oto cats.
Old 30-07-2011, 09:18 AM   #3
LittleGreenServ

how big is your tank? how many fish you currently have inside? sound like you alrady have many different fishes inside
Old 30-07-2011, 12:38 PM   #4
octopus
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveyr View Post
Hi bro,

I love keeping small fishes in planted tank too. But i dont like to mix them in small mass, maybe 2 large group is good. Some of my favourite one and look great in a planted tank are Rasbora, White Cloud Mountain Minnows, Serpae Tetras, Ember Tetras, Blood fins and Red Phantom Tetra. And also since u r planting planted, u might want to keep oto cats.
Forgot to mention the cleaning crews. 1 OTO, 1 Golden Algae Eater and a Horned Snail.
Old 30-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #5
octopus
Arofanatic

Red Phanthom and White cloud looks interesting. But so far never came across them in the LFS that i have been to. Please post here if there is any sighting of them in the LFS.
Old 30-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #6
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Red Phanthom and White cloud looks interesting. But so far never came across them in the LFS that i have been to. Please post here if there is any sighting of them in the LFS.
White cloud minnows I've seen at JZX@AMK. Maybe you want give the boss a call to see if they still have. The red phantoms, I've never seen before. Went and googled them and wow! They're cool looking! Almost like mini Hooks!
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #7
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Anyone seen any black phantom fishes too? Thinking of getting a few for my tank too.
Old 30-07-2011, 05:17 PM   #8
octopus
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
Anyone seen any black phantom fishes too? Thinking of getting a few for my tank too.
Saw both the red phanthom and black phanthom at Seaview(Jln Kayu) just an hour ago.
Old 30-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #9
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Saw both the red phanthom and black phanthom at Seaview(Jln Kayu) just an hour ago.
You just made me set an appointment to make a trip down to seaview on monday morning. Lol! Thanks, bro!
Old 31-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #10
Eric9013

Bro I suggest emperor tetra and penguin tetra, they are quite hardy, beautiful color, good appetite and high schooling pack, my emperor actually breed in my tank