Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 03-07-2012, 05:30 PM   #21
Flying Ranchu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ranchu View Post

Look forward to your posting of your new arrival.
Any new arrivals to share with us Bro JoBoLxxg?
Old 07-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #22
JoBoLxxg
Arofanatic

Quote:
Any new arrivals to share with us Bro JoBoLxxg?
Bro, I m still hunting leh bro... any recommendation where to find and off course not too ex lah.
JoBoLxxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:37 AM   #23
Hershley
Endangered Dragon

Condolences ur Gf passed on. suggest u post ur setup and advise ur feeding habits sonar can help. Read up more about Gf and how to prevent diseases prior to ur new purchases. That can prevent u losing more of ur beloved Gf.

if u like ranchus, they gt exp n cheap ones also at lfs. Which area u stay? Perhaps I can help.

btw I suggest u switch feeding sinking pellets instead of floating ones.
Hershley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #24
Flying Ranchu

Hi Bro JoBoLxxg,

Do keep us updated on whether you have acquired new gf when you are less busy.

Thanks.
Old 18-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #25
Oceanfish
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBoLxxg View Post
Thanks for your condolence bro.
Ya, u r right, is oso part of the learning curve in this hobby and we will b concern how we feed and the condition of the water.
Hi Bro,

I'm sorry to hear what you went through, I'm not an expert but can share what I went through too.. Goldfish always want to eat so heart must be damn hard one to keep GF., ignore them when they beg for food.. Feed them only once in morning whatever they can finish in one minutes.. The less amount u feed them the better.. Feed them again in afternoon same amount or maybe less.. So they have time to digest.. Feed cooked green bean and orange occasionally to clear the stomach.. And vegie are infact encourage in gf keeping than commercial pellets.. For my case, I worried veggie would bring bacteria so feed then nutrafin spirulina.. Hoping they can easily digest..

Typing this much, forgotten to mention, SBP often cause by overfeeding or internal bacteria.. The latter hard to cure..

Thanks
Oceanfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #26
Flying Ranchu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanfish View Post
Hi Bro,

I'm sorry to hear what you went through, I'm not an expert but can share what I went through too.. Goldfish always want to eat so heart must be damn hard one to keep GF., ignore them when they beg for food.. Feed them only once in morning whatever they can finish in one minutes.. The less amount u feed them the better.. Feed them again in afternoon same amount or maybe less.. So they have time to digest.. Feed cooked green bean and orange occasionally to clear the stomach.. And vegie are infact encourage in gf keeping than commercial pellets.. For my case, I worried veggie would bring bacteria so feed then nutrafin spirulina.. Hoping they can easily digest..

Typing this much, forgotten to mention, SBP often cause by overfeeding or internal bacteria.. The latter hard to cure..

Thanks
Hi Bro Oceanfish,

Now then learn that you do feed your gf with oranges too. Do they like it? I have also came across some books that say it can be done. How do you prepare the oranges before feeding?

PS: I have previously tried doing so with mine but they are not that keen

Look forward to your sharing.
Old 19-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #27
Oceanfish
Arofanatic

Quote:
Hi Bro Oceanfish,

Now then learn that you do feed your gf with oranges too. Do they like it? I have also came across some books that say it can be done. How do you prepare the oranges before feeding?

PS: I have previously tried doing so with mine but they are not that keen

Look forward to your sharing.

I peer for them, feed them the pups only, they dun like sour one though,

So you have to taste the orange first b4 feed them
Old 19-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #28
Flying Ranchu

Quote:
I peer for them, feed them the pups only, they dun like sour one though,

So you have to taste the orange first b4 feed them
oic. Thanks.

Tot they cannot sense whether it is sour or sweet

No wonder mine are not keen cos they are fed with sour china produced ones

You are really a dedicated fish keeper Bro
Old 19-07-2012, 11:47 PM   #29
JoBoLxxg
Arofanatic

Quote:
Hi Bro,

Thanks
Thks for yr info, bro Oceanfish & will take ur advice.

Btw, I m still looking for my replacement, saw some earlier posts on the new intake frm yunfeng, look tempting however don't know what sort price to pay.
JoBoLxxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #30
Oceanfish
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBoLxxg View Post
Thks for yr info, bro Oceanfish & will take ur advice.

Btw, I m still looking for my replacement, saw some earlier posts on the new intake frm yunfeng, look tempting however don't know what sort price to pay.
I think you can try Seaview first, price there are cheaper than others. Bought 1 back on Wednesday.