Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Guppy Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 02-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #71
tankw
Dragon

my take is there is NO pure wild guppies anymore. alot of people release their guppies into canals, either give up hobby or other religious reasons.

so there is already interbreeding, how to get wild guppies
tankw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:15 AM   #72
Aris
Arofanatic

Hi, I am a new member and I must say lots of crazy dudes here wanting to catch "wild guppies." Reminds me of the old days as a boy going to longkangs having lots of fun.

A few years ago I saw some at Simon Road canals and hope anyone staying there can check it out. Lots of other fishes too like Laohan. I do recall a place near to SICC off Upper Thomson Road that has a PUB Sub-Station where there is a freashwater stream next to it and saw kids catching guppies. Not sure it is still there. Good luck to all.
Aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #73
airplant

Default Past

Know of a place 10 years ago where there's plenty of wild guppies to net. But it has since dried up and covered up with tall grass. If anyone is looking for wild guppies (and not catch them), I think can always lookout for the $1, $2 packs of live feeder fish at Aquastar...
Old 14-04-2011, 11:15 PM   #74
paulabear

Smile long kang

bro, find me at pasir ris canal linking straight up to sungei tampines in between the pasir ris fishing pond and east vale condominium. i scoop guppies every weekend for my community monster fishes. the results are very good. in 1/2 hour i catch about $20 worth of guppies ranging from 2mm to 4cm. i still buy other feeders outside though. =)
Old 14-04-2011, 11:40 PM   #75
airplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabear View Post
bro, find me at pasir ris canal linking straight up to sungei tampines in between the pasir ris fishing pond and east vale condominium. i scoop guppies every weekend for my community monster fishes. the results are very good. in 1/2 hour i catch about $20 worth of guppies ranging from 2mm to 4cm. i still buy other feeders outside though. =)
I hope there are albino strains!
Old 18-04-2011, 12:16 AM   #76
BlueStar
Arofanatic

Maybe there're still wild guppies at P. Ubin. Need to explore the long kang there..all the best for those who're adventurous enough. Maybe can consider cycling, it should be fun too..
BlueStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2011, 12:34 AM   #77
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabear View Post
Won't those "wild" guppies introduce parasites into your live-feeders?
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 12:02 AM   #78
BlueStar
Arofanatic

Bro, I think can add some salt and anti-white spots, etc. for 30 mins to minimise parasites. Generally, shld be fine..not to forget the fun is at catching the long-kang fish..
BlueStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2011, 12:35 PM   #79
similus
Arofanatic

Long-gang fish ah....

Just last week I was netting some at Bukit Timah long-gang, not the big canal. When I was done with the netting and packing, I got a bit paisay as I did not realise that a maid who is taking a dog for a stroll, was looking at me. She gave me that kind of look,.."what a ah siao doing in that long-kang"

What the,..anyway I have a good time.

BT is quite a stretch, specifically the long-kang near Balmoral Rd to Robin Rd.

Have fun.
similus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2011, 12:58 PM   #80
ciaossu

Quote:
Originally Posted by similus View Post
Long-gang fish ah....

Just last week I was netting some at Bukit Timah long-gang, not the big canal. When I was done with the netting and packing, I got a bit paisay as I did not realise that a maid who is taking a dog for a stroll, was looking at me. She gave me that kind of look,.."what a ah siao doing in that long-kang"

What the,..anyway I have a good time.

BT is quite a stretch, specifically the long-kang near Balmoral Rd to Robin Rd.

Have fun.
haha last few weeks, i also went to bukit timah there to catch fishes with my family haha so PS sia when people passed by us... but it was very fun haha.. manage to catch some mosquito fish, shrimps and wild betta. we even caught a soft shell turtle, we let it go in the end.