Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > AquaMedics Board & Pet Loss > Pet Loss

Old 15-12-2003, 01:27 PM   #1
adamant

Unhappy My PG pass away.Is it a coincidence or u beleif in that?

Dear bro,

It was such a roller coster event happen to me.
I won a 4th prize lucky draw a "digital camera" on my co. DND and was so happy that I plan to take a pic of my PG since the last time I took his was 5 mths ago.He now grow into a big 12inch beautiful spoon head fish.

But when I came home,to my suprised I found my PG dead.
It jump into the filter compartmernt and since the water level was not high that nite,it merely struggle to stay alive with no water.

I put a cover to the tank but not at the filter compartment area.My aro never jump not even once all these mths so its kinda suprised that it happen.

In the mrng,I got a call from my sis that my grandma pass away in Malaysia(Malacca).So it was a double blow.

Do u guys think that this is merely a coincidence or u beleif that losing someone immediate in the family will also cause the death of your beloved pet?Any similar events?

sad..sad sad

Last edited by adamant; 15-12-2003 at 04:13 PM.
Old 15-12-2003, 02:51 PM   #2
optimus prime

condolences to you friend, but its difficlut to explain in science as i heard these stories many times. i guess sometihngs just cant be explain.
Old 15-12-2003, 02:56 PM   #3
elvinlim
Dragon

Default belief

sorry bros,
I only heard that Aro will try to block bad luck, likewise your case.
it should block the dead of your grandma. so belief or not depend on individual.
tks
bros, once again look at the bright side of the thing you will be happy on every thing.
tks
elvin
elvinlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2003, 04:22 PM   #4
Vincent

condolence on everything.
Old 15-12-2003, 04:31 PM   #5
VSKH
Senior Dragon

Default Re: belief

Sorry to hear about the loss of your RTG and the passing away of your Grandma. Such coincidences are indeed very hard to explain.

I just rear Aros & stingrays for the fun and beauty of these creatures and don't really believe in "feng sui" and luck.

I've lost 3 RTG's last year due to, I suspect, chloromine poisoning so I know how it feels. Best way is to get another Aro to replace the void of a lost Aro.

Take Care!
VSKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2003, 04:40 PM   #6
figo
Dragon

dear adamant,
I do believed very much that arowana is a feng shu fish, maybe this is the effect or sign after your grandmother passed away.
Are you very close to your grandmother by the way??
anyway, take it easy, and rear another arowana again..
figo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2003, 04:43 PM   #7
winkelhock
Endangered Dragon

So sorry to hear that,take it easy.
winkelhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2003, 06:22 PM   #8
adamant

Quote:
Originally posted by figo
dear adamant,
I do believed very much that arowana is a feng shu fish, maybe this is the effect or sign after your grandmother passed away.
Are you very close to your grandmother by the way??
anyway, take it easy, and rear another arowana again..
Hi Figo, I beleif that as well that this fish is a feng shui fish...do take note that when i buy this fish,the next day i was out of job...so its a mix feeling,can say it bring me bad luck but neverthless i love him a lot n take very gd care of it.Buying another will soon be on my mind but its rather a painful experience if it face the same fate again...

Guys, I still keep the fish in my freezer.Can't bear to buried him yet.Likely will take a last pic of him before I buried that poor fellow.

Last edited by adamant; 15-12-2003 at 06:29 PM.
Old 15-12-2003, 10:47 PM   #9
VSKH
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by adamant
Hi Figo, I beleif that as well that this fish is a feng shui fish...do take note that when i buy this fish,the next day i was out of job...so its a mix feeling,can say it bring me bad luck but neverthless i love him a lot n take very gd care of it.Buying another will soon be on my mind but its rather a painful experience if it face the same fate again...

Guys, I still keep the fish in my freezer.Can't bear to buried him yet.Likely will take a last pic of him before I buried that poor fellow.
I kept my dead RTG in my feezer also after it died. But after a month or so, I decided to throw it in the dustbin chute cos' it looked like any normal market fish, all frozen, hard, no colour and covered with ice. Didn't even keep the micro-chip, never thought about it until someone PM me to ask if I had kept the chip. I would have had 3 microchips if I had kept them.
VSKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2003, 12:22 AM   #10
adamant

Quote:
Originally posted by VSKH
I kept my dead RTG in my feezer also after it died. But after a month or so, I decided to throw it in the dustbin chute cos' it looked like any normal market fish, all frozen, hard, no colour and covered with ice. Didn't even keep the micro-chip, never thought about it until someone PM me to ask if I had kept the chip. I would have had 3 microchips if I had kept them.
Bro, any reason to keep the chips??