Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Old 16-09-2019, 05:50 PM   #271
lukeber
Arofanatic

maybe a strong and vocal captain can be developed within the current crop of players too, this will strengthen and organise the team outfield
lukeber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2019, 06:45 PM   #272
moscowblue
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenghan View Post
Rashford is certainly not performing to his expected high level for quite a while already. There has been talks that he is becoming like a second Theo Walcott

He is more a winger.
AM is a more composed forward
moscowblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2019, 11:30 PM   #273
lenghan
Arofanatic

It is now official. DDG signed a new long term contract.
With this saga now put behind, let's hope we see the DDG we have always knew he was to show up henceforth.
lenghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2019, 11:38 PM   #274
KeeHuat
Dragon

David De Gea commits his future to United

David De Gea has signed a new long-term contract with Manchester United, keeping him at the club until at least June 2023. There is an option to extend for a further year.

David, 28, joined United in 2011 and has made 367 appearances so far.

During his time with the club, he has won the Premier League, the FA Cup, the League Cup, the UEFA Europa League and the Community Shield.

David De Gea said:

“It has been a privilege to spend eight years at this great club and the opportunity to continue my career at Manchester United is a genuine honour. Since I arrived here, I could never have imagined I would play over 350 games for this club. Now my future is fixed, all I want is to help this team achieve what I believe we can and win trophies again, together.

“As one of the senior players in the squad, I want to support and lead in any way that I can to assist the younger players, so they know what it means to play here. I still feel that I have so much more to achieve at the club and I truly believe that Manchester United can build on the club’s tradition of success and reward our fans for their support.

“I am committed to continue repaying the fans for all of the care that they’ve shown me during the good times and the bad.”

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said:

“I am delighted that David has committed his long-term future to the club. Over recent years, David has proved himself to be the best in the world and a vital part of our plans as we look to take Manchester United back to where it belongs. David is a fantastic person and his outstanding quality provides the perfect base to our defence.

“Over his time here, David has really understood the values of playing for Manchester United and now represents everything you want in a goalkeeper. As a player he is still hugely determined and hungry to achieve more. We all look forward to working together to meet those ambitions over the coming years.”
KeeHuat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2019, 11:49 PM   #275
lenghan
Arofanatic

David de Gea has signed a new 4 year deal with Man United until 2023 with the option to extend by a further year
Old 17-09-2019, 10:41 AM   #276
moscowblue
Endangered Dragon

good news, at least for now

but what i seen is our defence improves, but the midfield degenerates
moscowblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 12:06 PM   #277
BBP604
Dragon

Backline seems to have improved but midfield still need reinforcement.
In addition need to brush up on the finishing esp wing attack.
BBP604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 11:59 AM   #278
lenghan
Arofanatic

Not a good outing for English clubs this morning as both Chelsea and Liverpool lost their opening tie.
Chelsea was clearly the better team but did not take their chances well plus a missed penalty kick by Ross
Liverpool lost in a tightly contested match though Napoli took their chances well and won a penalty which of course Klopp disputed. The second goal was the effect of the crowd continuous whistling that led to best player in the world making a school boy error. VVD was clearly affected by the Napoli's crowd and lost concentration
Old 18-09-2019, 12:35 PM   #279
Shadow7
Senior Dragon

Saw the highlights...that Napoli K. Koulibaly looks like a very good defender...big strong and assured on the ball...hope we can get him next season and pair him with Maguire
Shadow7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 02:21 PM   #280
lenghan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow7 View Post
Saw the highlights...that Napoli K. Koulibaly looks like a very good defender...big strong and assured on the ball...hope we can get him next season and pair him with Maguire
I believe we tried to make enquiries last season and was told he is only keen in teams involved in Champions League, plus Napoli not keen to negotiate the sales of their key defender