Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 16-09-2007, 06:00 PM   #11
coryfav
Dragon

That sounds like the Nutrafin CO2 Natural Plant System.

After the packs of ingredients that come in the box, are used up, you can use your own ingredients. They're basically sugar, yeast and sodium bicarbonate.

What I did was to take note of the amount of each ingredient in the packs provided, and thereafter use the appropriate/similar amount of the same ingredients from the supermarket.
coryfav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2007, 06:10 PM   #12
bluesurfer

oh great..someone here noe what i m toking about...anyway wat is the portion like??that bicrbonate thing is what??i noe where to get sufar and yeast but what about the third ingredient?? and the amt of water is how much??thc a million
Old 16-09-2007, 06:41 PM   #13
coryfav
Dragon

If you're using that Nutrafin canister, you'll notice the marking for the amount of sugar to use.

I use about a quarter (flat) teaspoon of yeast and less than one teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate. These are some of the ingredients for making cakes. Can easily get from the supermarket or neighbourhood provision shops.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DIY CO2 Ingredients-1.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	191739  
Old 16-09-2007, 08:39 PM   #14
24/7

if you are gonna do DIY CO2.. I suggest that you have 2 or 3 plastic bottles as your CO2 generator.. this way you will get good production and also a steady supply.. Stagger your sugar top -up .. so today bottle A.. tomorrow bottle B..etc.. this way .. less maintenance also.. only after some time (2 wks) you might get the smell of the yeast .. then at that time maintenance will be required..

if you use the large plastic bottles.. just put 1 table spoon of sugar(easier if you have the sugar in cubes) with some yeast.. add water to 1/3 will be more than enough..

store your yeast in the fridge...

if you can use a on/off air valve at the cap...
Old 16-09-2007, 11:47 PM   #15
bluesurfer

is this portion alright??

sugar 50g
yeast 1 flat teaspoon
bicarbonate also same as yeast

i scared the whole thing explode so asking for the 'right' portion...
Old 16-09-2007, 11:54 PM   #16
bluesurfer

ok i found the co2 system....its nutrafin canister and they have 3 packets to mix for co2

packet 1: basic regent
packet 2: stabilizer
packet 3: activator

ingredient is unknown amt is also unknown...so can anyone tell me if they noe anything about this??
Old 17-09-2007, 12:57 AM   #17
cityboy

After 1 or 2 days, my DIY co2 created a lot of foam and then subsided after that, but no co2 come out from the tube.

Why? please advise
Old 17-09-2007, 10:42 PM   #18
coryfav
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesurfer View Post
ok i found the co2 system....its nutrafin canister and they have 3 packets to mix for co2

packet 1: basic regent
packet 2: stabilizer
packet 3: activator

ingredient is unknown amt is also unknown...so can anyone tell me if they noe anything about this??
Since you've got the original packs of ingredients, pour each one out and measure the amount. Thereafter, just use similar amounts of each ingredient to refill:

Basic regent = sugar
Stablizer = sodium bicarbonate
Activator = yeast
Old 18-09-2007, 01:00 AM   #19
vaynard
Dragon

Original pack not value for money man. The ingridients that you get from supermarket can last u a long time.
vaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 02:16 AM   #20
plausible

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaynard View Post
Original pack not value for money man. The ingridients that you get from supermarket can last u a long time.
ya,btw add more sugar