Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 21-03-2005, 01:33 AM   #11
dOlBy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPeX
I juz installed it today..

Basically, after installing, i turn on my CO2. Thought it wasn't working coz visually, i didn't see anything (silly me, what did i expect to see anyway).. so i turned the CO2 all the way on (by that, i mean the regulator really open all the way), and the next thing i knoe, my canister airlocked leow.

At the outlet, i dun see any visible CO2 bubbles, meaning all the CO2 has been dissolved in the filter canister itself...

Those who are using the glass ceramic diffuser can seriously consider this option. Itz small, doesn't take up any space, and is easy to install... $26 from Plantas Aquaticas...
Airlock? Bro you mean you had installed the diffscer at the inlet of the cannister? If yes, I suggest you change it to outlet.

Last edited by dOlBy; 21-03-2005 at 01:34 AM. Reason: typo
Old 21-03-2005, 01:49 AM   #12
MPeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dOlBy
Airlock? Bro you mean you had installed the diffscer at the inlet of the cannister? If yes, I suggest you change it to outlet.
According to instructions, itz supposed to go into the inlet leh.. from the 3rd pic in this thread...

The canister is supposed to act as the reactor.. I caused the airlock coz i opened the regulator all the way max, and that's like.. 10bps?
Old 21-03-2005, 12:52 PM   #13
dOlBy

Quote:
According to instructions, itz supposed to go into the inlet leh.. from the 3rd pic in this thread...

The canister is supposed to act as the reactor.. I caused the airlock coz i opened the regulator all the way max, and that's like.. 10bps?
Then I think this diffuser will cause alot of problem when high co2 is injected via the inlet.
Old 21-03-2005, 03:26 PM   #14
MPeX

Quote:
Then I think this diffuser will cause alot of problem when high co2 is injected via the inlet.
I think 1-2bps works fine... if we're looking at high volume injection, your suggestion of fixing it to the outlet will be a better idea..

The whole idea of this connected to the inlet is to let the canister act as a huge reactor, i juz double checked again with the guy who sold me this...
Old 21-03-2005, 03:33 PM   #15
dOlBy

Quote:
I think 1-2bps works fine... if we're looking at high volume injection, your suggestion of fixing it to the outlet will be a better idea..

The whole idea of this connected to the inlet is to let the canister act as a huge reactor, i juz double checked again with the guy who sold me this...
Aiyo, then like not very effective leh. You could have invested in a DIY water filter reactor.
Old 21-03-2005, 10:53 PM   #16
MPeX

Quote:
Bro, i took ur advise and changed it to the outlet. Affixing it to the inlet will cause my canister to emit funny "airy" swirling sounds previously unheard of. However by fixing it to the outlet now, minute CO2 bubbles can be seen on the surface of the water (i dunno how they came about also, no visible bubbles are seen coming out of the outlet...)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P3210001.jpg (28.2 KB, 420 views)
File Type: jpg P3210002.jpg (34.9 KB, 410 views)
Old 21-03-2005, 11:05 PM   #17
MPeX

The following pic is taken 45 degrees looking up from below the water surface...

However from the plan (top) view of the water surface, the same bubbles are not visible... probably the lighting, i dunno...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P3210001.jpg (44.3 KB, 415 views)
File Type: jpg diagram.jpg (18.6 KB, 393 views)

Last edited by MPeX; 21-03-2005 at 11:30 PM.
Old 22-03-2005, 01:09 AM   #18
dOlBy

Is there a layer of protein on the water? protein layer tends to trap bubbles. If co2 is alot I guess you got to turn it down.
Old 22-03-2005, 01:13 AM   #19
MPeX

Quote:
Is there a layer of protein on the water? protein layer tends to trap bubbles. If co2 is alot I guess you got to turn it down.
Nope, minimal protein on the water surface... my CO2 is only running 1bps..
Old 22-03-2005, 01:14 AM   #20
dkk08
Arofanatic

hmmm so it actually does work
dkk08 is offline   Reply With Quote