Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 20-03-2005, 04:01 AM   #1
MPeX

Default External CO2 Diffuser

Not to be confused with an external CO2 reactor, I just bought this from Plantas Aquaticas for slightly under $30..

It can be used internally (picture 1) or externally (picture 2), to be connected to the inlet of the canister filter, and the canister filter will act as a the reactor before pumping the water back out...

Itz already 3am at night, not possible to set it up now so i dunno whether it works yet... I'll write a review once itz up and running tomorrow.. any bros have any comments on this product?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P3200001.jpg (41.6 KB, 1417 views)
File Type: jpg P3200002.jpg (29.9 KB, 928 views)
Old 20-03-2005, 04:11 AM   #2
MPeX

Introduction and instructions as printed on the box..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg diffuser.jpg (47.5 KB, 914 views)
Old 20-03-2005, 04:51 AM   #3
dkk08
Arofanatic

hmmmm very interesting reactor... will be waiting for ur review... oh ya btw is plantas open Sun?
dkk08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2005, 05:15 AM   #4
MPeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkk08
hmmmm very interesting reactor... will be waiting for ur review... oh ya btw is plantas open Sun?
I believe so, maybe till 6... give Alan a call b4 going down, address and tel is in this link:

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=174879

Old 20-03-2005, 05:21 AM   #5
|ceberg

hmmm
think i came across this a few times

quite sceptical about the effiency of it due to its size compared
to those conventional reactors

maybe someone who had used this can comment?
Old 20-03-2005, 05:56 AM   #6
MPeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by |ceberg
hmmm
think i came across this a few times

quite sceptical about the effiency of it due to its size compared
to those conventional reactors

maybe someone who had used this can comment?
Itz only half the price of a conventional external reactor, i'll try 2ml and see how it goes..

One thing, this isn't dependent on flowrate to drive it, unlike the kind sold at NA and Gratiola, which require a good 800l/hr at least... my 2213 is only 400l/hr...
Old 20-03-2005, 05:59 AM   #7
|ceberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPeX
Itz only half the price of a conventional external reactor, i'll try 2ml and see how it goes..

One thing, this isn't dependent on flowrate to drive it, unlike the kind sold at NA and Gratiola, which require a good 800l/hr at least... my 2213 is only 400l/hr...
haha, Im using 2213 too

One advantage of it is its small size

Anyway my concern is not the flowrate to drive it. Its the size of this reactor which gives me plenty of doubts on its ability you see. Do update after trying this
Old 20-03-2005, 01:17 PM   #8
MPeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by |ceberg
haha, Im using 2213 too

One advantage of it is its small size

Anyway my concern is not the flowrate to drive it. Its the size of this reactor which gives me plenty of doubts on its ability you see. Do update after trying this
I think this works the same way as if you put a normal ceramic diffuser under ur filter inlet which sucks the CO2 bubbles in...

Nevertheless, i'm doing my wc later and will fix it on.. probably update in a day or 2..
Old 20-03-2005, 06:05 PM   #9
blueray

Thank Bro...I think most of us will be interested to know bcos of the size and cost...at least I know I am
Old 21-03-2005, 01:18 AM   #10
MPeX

I juz installed it today..

Basically, after installing, i turn on my CO2. Thought it wasn't working coz visually, i didn't see anything (silly me, what did i expect to see anyway).. so i turned the CO2 all the way on (by that, i mean the regulator really open all the way), and the next thing i knoe, my canister airlocked leow.

At the outlet, i dun see any visible CO2 bubbles, meaning all the CO2 has been dissolved in the filter canister itself...

Those who are using the glass ceramic diffuser can seriously consider this option. Itz small, doesn't take up any space, and is easy to install... $26 from Plantas Aquaticas...