Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Old 17-07-2007, 03:36 PM   #1
BuWaC

Default Adding Tankmates

Bro, need advice. I noticed everytime when a new tank mate is being introduced, the rest will jointly wanna attack the new fish......is this common? Anything to do to avoid this? I have 1 IT, 5 Parrots, 1 small rosey barb and a 7" lil Aro........thot of adding peacock bass.....any advice?
Old 17-07-2007, 03:39 PM   #2
TROY041004
Senior Dragon

Guess everyone is curios when a new fish join in
TROY041004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2007, 04:58 PM   #3
TiGersiao

You can try by during the feeding time and distract their attention, then quiety let go the new tank mates to the tank immediately at one corner . And this always work for me
Old 17-07-2007, 05:00 PM   #4
WATARI"18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiGersiao View Post
You can try by during the feeding time and distract their attention, then quiety let go the new tank mates to the tank immediately at one corner . And this always work for me
new tactices..
Old 17-07-2007, 05:03 PM   #5
winq

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuWaC View Post
Bro, need advice. I noticed everytime when a new tank mate is being introduced, the rest will jointly wanna attack the new fish......is this common? Anything to do to avoid this? I have 1 IT, 5 Parrots, 1 small rosey barb and a 7" lil Aro........thot of adding peacock bass.....any advice?
pb is quite agressive n is a fast swimmer, dont think is a problem..
Old 17-07-2007, 09:27 PM   #6
BuWaC

I had a PB before, but IT is more aggressive than the PB, next morning I see the PB like cotton bud stick to the filter inlet, eyes also bo liao, damn sad, bought only less than 48hrs and up the lolly.....
Old 17-07-2007, 09:30 PM   #7
WATARI"18

Quote:
I had a PB before, but IT is more aggressive than the PB, next morning I see the PB like cotton bud stick to the filter inlet, eyes also bo liao, damn sad, bought only less than 48hrs and up the lolly.....
wat the size of it tiger?
Old 17-07-2007, 09:36 PM   #8
BuWaC

At that time IT was only 4" while the PB is 6", put the PB in it keep hiding into top left or right corner of the tank while the IT roam and territorize the bottom, Aro swimming and bo hew anyone.......next day still see it ok, but the IT once awhile shoots up to attack PB, next day went in-laws place for 1 aftnn come back PB gone case.......my kids also cry.....die really terribly...
Old 17-07-2007, 09:39 PM   #9
WATARI"18

Quote:
At that time IT was only 4" while the PB is 6", put the PB in it keep hiding into top left or right corner of the tank while the IT roam and territorize the bottom, Aro swimming and bo hew anyone.......next day still see it ok, but the IT once awhile shoots up to attack PB, next day went in-laws place for 1 aftnn come back PB gone case.......my kids also cry.....die really terribly...
hianzzz..wan to do comm,oso must think twice now..
Old 18-07-2007, 11:29 AM   #10
DiStar
Senior Dragon

hmmm... is this an arowana-related question?
DiStar is offline   Reply With Quote