Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 16-05-2005, 03:56 PM   #1
TVR

Default Bbr

Buyer list :

1. TVR (David) - 2 bbrs
2. Arotok - 4 bbrs
3. ranchu8 - 2 bbrs
4. YLD - 2 bbrs
5. Ivan Koh - 2 bbrs
6. jowy_ham/bloodline - 2 bbrs
7. tanchu - 2 bbrs
8. AroHong - 2 bbrs
9. Lvanilla - 2 bbrs

There are 2 ways we can receive the bbr.
1. Directly from Japan.
2. Japan via Thailand.

I've gathered some informations and there's no way we can have them directly from Japan. Cost of air freight is about S$800 - S$1,200.
Cost of application for import, agent and transport(releasing cargo) come to about S$300 - S$400.

Many thanks to bro Samuel again for hand carrying from Thailand. But please note, all buyers will have to share, if there's any cost incurred on over-weight of his luggage due to our cargo! Through my experience, it will probably be $2 - $4 per person.

I've not receive information on when the bbr will arrive in Thailand yet. I sud have more concrete news by this Thursday. If the bbr arrive before Bro Samuel's trip, we are lucky. If the bbr arrive during bro Samuel's trip, we are luckier. But if the bbr arrive after his trip, I am luckiest! Why? Because everyone have to share my air ticket's fee to fly over and hand carry back!

All are welcome in this discussion.

Regards,
David Hou

Last edited by TVR; 16-05-2005 at 04:02 PM.
TVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2005, 05:16 PM   #2
TVR

Bro pykoh have agreed to help on the distributing of our fishes, thanks.
I'll like to propose this : Everyone draw a number from 1 - 10. PY will scoop fish from bag, 1 or 2 at a time, and distribute according to numbers. Of coz, PY will not choose when he is scooping, anyway, I don't think he can see from outside the bag.
I feel its quite fair after consulting with some who have done this before. But of coz, its still open for more ideas.

regards,
David
Old 16-05-2005, 05:41 PM   #3
ivankoh

First off, I would like to thank all esp to David & gang for helping hobbyist like myself to have a chance to own a Kashino TVR at a affordable price. Hope to learn more from you guys and hope you can share your experiences in ensuring a safe transition from BKK to your home pond.

Cheers,
Ivan
ivankoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2005, 05:58 PM   #4
YLD

Thanks to Bro TVR, Ranchu Lover, Samuel and pykoh for making all these arrangements.

I do not wish this to happen, but what is the arrangement if there are BBR casualities?
Old 16-05-2005, 05:58 PM   #5
TVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivankoh
First off, I would like to thank all esp to David & gang for helping hobbyist like myself to have a chance to own a Kashino TVR at a affordable price. Hope to learn more from you guys and hope you can share your experiences in ensuring a safe transition from BKK to your home pond.

Cheers,
Ivan
You're welcome. I'm also doing myself a favour. I think we sud thank Bro Samuel and PY Koh instead. They do not have a share in the purchase, but yet willing to help!

You can read up on many post in RG about quarantine. Trust me, quarantine is a MUST. I do not want to scare you off now, but not many from last year's purchase still have their fish swimming in their tub. 1st lesson in this hobby, HOW TO KEEP YOUR FISH ALIVE!

Regards,
David
Old 16-05-2005, 06:08 PM   #6
TVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLD
Thanks to Bro TVR, Ranchu Lover, Samuel and pykoh for making all these arrangements.

I do not wish this to happen, but what is the arrangement if there are BBR casualities?
I am still negotiating some issues with them, will answer your doubts later.
I'll try to make sure everyone receive your fish safe and sound.
But for all buyers, your responsibility is to collect your fish on the appointed date and time which will be confirm later.

Regards,
David

Last edited by TVR; 16-05-2005 at 09:00 PM.
Old 16-05-2005, 06:19 PM   #7
YLD

Bro TVR,

Can you share with us how to keep these BBR alive? I am particularly concern how these BBR will survive the transportation stress and how to make them adopt to SG water better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR
You're welcome. I'm also doing myself a favour. I think we sud thank Bro Samuel and PY Koh instead. They do not have a share in the purchase, but yet willing to help!

You can read up on many post in RG about quarantine. Trust me, quarantine is a MUST. I do not want to scare you off now, but not many from last year's purchase still have their fish swimming in their tub. 1st lesson in this hobby, HOW TO KEEP YOUR FISH ALIVE!

Regards,
David
Old 16-05-2005, 06:44 PM   #8
TVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLD
Bro TVR,

Can you share with us how to keep these BBR alive? I am particularly concern how these BBR will survive the transportation stress and how to make them adopt to SG water better.
Hi YLD,
I hope I'll not be held responsible, but this is just my own experience!
We are lucky to have Bro Samuel hand carry for us, so the transfer will not be too long. I'll collect from him when he arrive (I think it's midnight, provided he doesn't mind) and keep 1 night over my hse. Basically, they sud have adopted to our water by the time you collect them (if they're still alive! ).
For buyers, first of all, you sud age water in a tub or basin for at least 1 day before the arrival with aeration. Place the whole plastic bag without opening it onto the tub, in order to adjust the temperature in the bag. 15 - 30 minutes later (depending on how kiasu you are). Open the bag and add in small amount of water from your tub at intervals. When you have added about 100% into the bag from your tub. Slowly release the fish with all my water into your tub. Add 0.3% to 0.5% salt. By the time you look at your watch, it sud be midnight. If you still insist on enjoying yourself looking at them, be prepared to be late for work the next day.
Strictly no feeding on the first few days!
Hope this help!

Regards,
David

Last edited by TVR; 16-05-2005 at 07:06 PM.
Old 16-05-2005, 07:21 PM   #9
YLD

Thanks for sharing.

You mentioned a lot of last batch "bbr" are dead, what could be the causes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR
Hi YLD,
I hope I'll not be held responsible, but this is just my own experience!
We are lucky to have Bro Samuel hand carry for us, so the transfer will not be too long. I'll collect from him when he arrive (I think it's midnight, provided he doesn't mind) and keep 1 night over my hse. Basically, they sud have adopted to our water by the time you collect them (if they're still alive! ).
For buyers, first of all, you sud age water in a tub or basin for at least 1 day before the arrival with aeration. Place the whole plastic bag without opening it onto the tub, in order to adjust the temperature in the bag. 15 - 30 minutes later (depending on how kiasu you are). Open the bag and add in small amount of water from your tub at intervals. When you have added about 100% into the bag from your tub. Slowly release the fish with all my water into your tub. Add 0.3% to 0.5% salt. By the time you look at your watch, it sud be midnight. If you still insist on enjoying yourself looking at them, be prepared to be late for work the next day.
Strictly no feeding on the first few days!
Hope this help!

Regards,
David
Old 16-05-2005, 07:35 PM   #10
TVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLD
Thanks for sharing.

You mentioned a lot of last batch "bbr" are dead, what could be the causes?
Wow bro,
I already regretting that post liao! Hope I've not offened anyone!
How wud I know? Just do a proper quarantine and give them many TLC.
Mai saboh liao ha!
BTW I'm not a GURU, also still learning nia.

Regards,
David