Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 03:48 AM   #271
Kawai

Pat,

You have every right to show case your fish for sales promotion as a dealer and I believe there are proper areas for you to do so. But as a hobbyist and not a seller, I would suggest we talk about fish for the sake of sharing knowledge and experience, nothing else.

We all have our real life personality and like you, we may have a company to run, organisation to represent, big title to impress, resources to take legal actions, valid threats to issue, and a real name to announce. But as a hobbyist, it is not necessary to carry all these wherever we go, is it?

We are merely members of this forum and it is not nice if everyone is behaving like they own this place. You have a clear interest to promote your business and show case your collections; good for you and wish you success. But wouldn't it be better if you can direct your customers to a website of your own to complete the sales talk? I am sure it is easy given your impressive background. You don't have to behave like a hermit crab as I believe it truly cramps your style. Let me know your website so that I can do some selections too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute Ranchu
...My lawyer has already made a copy of your posting that was sent to me by a fellow RG member earlier today. If he(my legal representative) see that there are grounds for legal action, I have instructed him to do so on the behalf of the Absolute Fisher Company Limited. I hope that you are willing to take responsibility for your action.

Sincerely

Mr.Nantabhat Bhukkanasut
Managing Director
The Absolute Fishery Company Limited

Old 08-05-2004, 04:52 AM   #272
nitingdedao
Dragon

waht the thread is leading us into haha
Old 08-05-2004, 11:38 AM   #273
whtan1
Arofanatic

there is a lot of acrimony in this thread and this is certainly uncalled for in a hobbist forum.

Members could get engrossed and hurled remarks inadvertently but there is really no big deal as all these are exchange of ideas and opinion.

those that rear fish i thought must cultivate that type of temperament which is calm and peacefulness. With the patience that have been built up thru this hobby, one should not jump to a rage with the slightest provocation. perhaps not many including me have reach this level

Khun Pat:
i believe u say in come in peace and come to share. pls do continue to do so.
members here speak their minds and critisise. They see a point and contradiction, they pursue and clarify. maybe some more email vocally. but for the purpose of sharing and clarification, this is healthy. true hobbists here like to protect the interests of novices/newbies.

Comments on high price charged by LHS is common. u could run a check in thsi forum. bec of yr dual roles as a commercial entity and a hobbist, it is quite difficult to determine in what capacity u are presenting yr case. in this thread, u toggle from an adviser & a hobbist to a commercial rep back and forth. a comment and exchange betwe hobbists become a potential deframtory suit.

i don think this augur well for this forum and for any discussion anyone here would like to take up with u.

G-string may not share the same opinion as u but that does not make him a lesser man than he is and that he has no right to say his piece.

like what yr goodself say, u are in a business, u could charge 3 times or more
if u like. this is yr perogative. But isn't this make u similar to the LHS shop we get here in singapore if there is no price consistency for quality fish.
this is precisely what this forum is trying to protect.

u say u come in peace and want to share. my question is: " is this the way"?
Old 08-05-2004, 01:54 PM   #274
YLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoman77
Make a trip to Thai,see the competition fishes,no pt taking poor thais compare wif good japs,compare good thais wif good japs then we noe rite?But wat can we noe if the Japs judges r not sure oso??Seeing is believing..
Seriously i would love to and argee that seeing is believing.

But hey, isnt this a forum where inofrmation is shared...but of course crap surface too!!!

Cheers!!!

Old 08-05-2004, 02:47 PM   #275
nismoman77
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLD
Seriously i would love to and argee that seeing is believing.

But hey, isnt this a forum where inofrmation is shared...but of course crap surface too!!!

Cheers!!!

Yap information is shared,diff ppl diff taste,so got chance i 1 to go Jap to see oso..
Old 08-05-2004, 05:07 PM   #276
silvanus

Default PLease bros..

Hobbit6003 one of the moderator actually said this "I'm very disppointed and sad, that instead of concentrating to advance our knowledge in fishkeeping here, some members would want to pick arguments over the smallest and most trivial matter. And I'm not talking about young members, but members who would have gone past at least a quarter of a century of terrestrial existence!

I've frequent meet ups with other fishkeeping hobbyists, and the mere mention of arofanatics, make them squirm. Alot of them told me that they couldn't be bothered to come in here, as they feel that this website has been a facade for chit chatting, and members here are uncouthed, foul mouth, and seems to be more interested in picking fights and arguments than really wanting to learn about the science and art of fishkeeping. Mind you, these are not any fishkeepers, but people with a vast wealth of experience and some are experts in the various aspects of the hobby! I cannot tell you how much we've lost of not having these old foggies around! Yeah sure, we may be the most popular local fishkeeping website, but all for the wrong reasons.

Please guys, I'm appealing to you, to try to maintain a bit of common sense and civility when you post. Don't try to take matters into your own hands ok? If you need to argue, please argue with facts and reasons, and not just name calling. Retaliation is most foolish thing to do.

This is a website where we can learn from one another, give others a helping hand whenever we can, and to work towards our common objectives in promoting our fishkeeping hobby. Please do not use the forums here as a platform to advance your own agendas ok?"
No offence.
Hope this does bring the right message across.

Old 08-05-2004, 08:13 PM   #277
punk
Arofanatic

Default Show us the post

Desireless,

Well, PAT claimed he already make a copy of the RG post ... maybe he could reproduce it here for everyone to see and judge...

Last edited by punk; 08-05-2004 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-05-2004, 05:23 PM   #278
silvanus

The truth will be out who's right or wrong when the legal proceeding starts. We only see and guess but the real verdict will be out when this case goes to court. Anyway this is not the first time such things happened in a forum. This concerns a farm's reputation.

Ok, back to ranchus..

Old 09-05-2004, 08:38 PM   #279
kenkencutlefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute Ranchu
The fish at my farm are for sale to my customers and I can charge whatever price that I see fit. If I think you are not worthy I may charge you 3 times more than others, and that's my perogative. You can always buy the fish some where else. You are very welcome.

Sincerely

Mr.Nantabhat Bhukkanasut
Managing Director
The Absolute Fishery Company Limited
Wow.. I can't believe that having such perogative, you still have so many hardcore supporters here. This is for you

And this is from the same man wanting to sell CULLED FISHES for 2500 bahts (106 SGD):
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124005

Fantastic...

Old 09-05-2004, 10:53 PM   #280
Alvin Koh

Administrator

Dear members,

Pardon me for the delay. I've closed this thread because of the need to digest the postings and also due to the downturn of events here and I didn't have readily available internet access for a few days now and I am currently working at this moment (very odd timing, but have to finish up something by tonight).

A reminder PM was given to Absolute Ranchu 2 weeks back regarding the topics that were deemed to be indirect advertisements and he had agreed to halt these postings, or post them in the GF Buy/Sell if necessary. There was compliance and for existing threads like this that were started earlier, I'd allowed them to stay provided there isn't additional advertising embedded within the threads.

However, I see that forms of aggressive postings amongst members had turned this thread for the worse thus I've closed it tentatively, until we can access the situation and re-open the thread if necessary. For now, I see a growing tension on pricing perceptions that differ, and worse, name-calling which serves little, except to start a fire. Please take a breather for the time being.

Thank you.
Alvin.
Closed Thread