Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 08-10-2008, 04:07 PM   #11
likchan
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando View Post
Just from my experience,

I had 3 SR in a comm tank and I bought 2 new Xback a month later. (All of them are about 20 cm)
I put them in the same tank. The fish seller told me that when you want to put the fish in the existing comm tank, you have to lower the water level (about 20 cm height) and boost it with strong current. This is to distract the fishes from fighting. And that is true... That's what I did when I put the X back in comm tank.
3 days later I add more water to reach the original level.

They never fight until this moment, but the X back becomes the Alpha of the group, even though he is the last one to arrive.
guess i will try this method cos also thinking to comm 3 x 12" RTG but in 522 only
likchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:35 PM   #12
ASSASS1N

Thank you Guys! all comments have been helpful!

Love this forums!
Old 09-10-2008, 01:27 PM   #13
novasys

Smile

Bro, welcome to AF. You heard what Bro gtohow & Bro JTBC sharing. Just hope that you can have a bigger tank from start so that you dun have the problem in shifting them in future. All the best in your comm.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:23 PM   #14
UncleTan

My own view only. Comm in tank is plainly on luck nia. Space will assure you a higher change of successful comm. Eg. a big pond.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:42 PM   #15
fuici80
Dragon

bro... my advise is for u to put in other fishes like a few TFB to actually divert their attentions. From my experience, agressive fishes like aro tend to show better com behaviours when there are more variety of fishes in the tank do update us on yr coms tank
fuici80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:38 PM   #16
dermarko
AFC Member

In my opinion, no two comms are the same as aros have different temperment. Most bros here have given their valid points and shared some of their precious experiences...If applicable, try using them.
Important is to have a try-out and see how it turns out. You never know, it might turn out better than expected. Good luck and best wishes..
dermarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:41 PM   #17
will-i-am

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dermarko View Post
In my opinion, no two comms are the same as aros have different temperment. Most bros here have given their valid points and shared some of their precious experiences...If applicable, try using them.
Important is to have a try-out and see how it turns out. You never know, it might turn out better than expected. Good luck and best wishes..
YA bros very good point, thks for sharing
Old 10-10-2008, 12:36 AM   #18
billyfish
Arofanatic

3pcs not enought. More will be better. Luck plays a part. Move to bigger tank will need more aros. kekeke... you can take it i m joking . Happy aroing.
billyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:51 AM   #19
rambo
Dragon

you have nothing to worry to house 3 SR in a 422. I had 11 red armies in 422 b4 and they are no fights even there are no strong current introduced to the tank...........just simple air bubble and a sump tank..........simple and simplified set up will do..

now they hv been shifted to a bigger tank due to size increase........happy keeping and b4 ending.......maybe you wanna consider some tank mates to diversify yr SR attention.
rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:55 AM   #20
LPSTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo View Post
you have nothing to worry to house 3 SR in a 422. I had 11 red armies in 422 b4 and they are no fights even there are no strong current introduced to the tank...........just simple air bubble and a sump tank..........simple and simplified set up will do..

now they hv been shifted to a bigger tank due to size increase........happy keeping and b4 ending.......maybe you wanna consider some tank mates to diversify yr SR attention.
Bro,long time never update ur red army already

Tags
comm, community, n1wan, niwan, red