Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 02-11-2011, 05:42 PM   #21
Spakase

About time they put a nail to coffin on the "FT is better policy". Lucky we realise early that American banks are "footloose" regarding credit therefore now paying a high price after Lehman, and European banks are now in deep shit because they bought up too much Greek bonds thinking sovereign risk is top notch. On hindsight the high growth rates chalked up by "global" banks are nothing but an illusion, taking unnecessary credit risks at the expense of the depositors. So we got on Olds, Paillart, Jackson, and where is DBS now?
Old 03-11-2011, 10:46 AM   #22
stargazer
Dragon

All these recent policies change for the better are a result of the good watershed election.

Hougang ppl used to saying 'I am proud to be from Hougang'. Now I am proud to say 'I am from Aljunied'!!!
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #23
AlvinLeong
Dragon

been to many parts of Singapore.... hougang, Aljunied GRC and Potong Pasir, clean and homely feeling....

PAP used to said if voted for the opposition your area will became slum..... that is BS.... look at old marsiling (marsiling drive), certain parts of circuit road, certain parts TPY, maude road, boon lay and even in AMK, our PM GRC are worst than hougang and Potong Pasir.....
AlvinLeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:04 PM   #24
stargazer
Dragon

Actually to be frank, when we vote against, we must be prepared that there will be some compromise in terms of quality estate management. But we should not allow this small sacrifice to deter us to fight for a better living, more promising futures for our children.

When I know who (WP candidates) were coming to Aljunied on nomination day, I already know who to vouch for. There is no 'so-called' 'dillema' at all.
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #25
Dawlyn

for the last 6 months i had been going to 5 house-warmings from my colleagues and friends newly bought Homes.

out of the 5 house-invitations, only 2 are locals and are inviting me to HDB (there is nothing wrong with HDB Living, i'm not despise on living in HDB flats), the other 3 are Indians and PRC whose relocation in S'pore are Condominiums.

what i'm driving at here is, how can our beloved Garment not loving us back? The abovementioned 2 local families are hardworking people with couples both holding a degree, but they are either not well-paid or have one of them being unable to get a job in sometime and somewhere.

Garment should always make sure the Fruits /Goods be sharing with the Singaporeans first.
Old 25-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #26
globalcookie
Dragon

But that case you shared there different leh. The one with the ability to get better paying jobs and can afford better housing, gets the housing type.

If you are driving at jobs going to foreigners, than yes, in some ways, we should be asking how the gov can better protect jobs for Singaporeans first. But as we also know, Singaporeans demand higher pay. So same job 20% pay difference, company will go for foreigner who is cheaper.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #27
robetta
Arofanatic

frankly speaking, sometimes people will write in to comment or to show their concern.. but the letters are not being read directly by those high up there one...
ultimately, it will be filter out, after all, they want to portray a good impression or image in front of the high up there...
stating no complaints no nothing... i had heard a lot of such things..... before the info reach the top, its siphon out and cast aside... thus, comment never goes up, but kenna blocked...
but there are other channel, yahoo news is a very good example, after the articles, theres the comments section, majority of the comments are voices of the people...
robetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 11:56 PM   #28
dzylim
Arofanatic

frankly after what happened to my friend, i don think i will vote for a cat or dog rather then anyone from the ruling party.
dzylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 12:56 PM   #29
Kai198

maybe out of topic but it is pertaining to housing:

one pinoy working at one of the local banks as cso. in this dept.. 7 of 10 are pinoys. Pinoy married a pinoy from same dept. got a resale flat. rent 2 rooms out to two more pinoys from same dept.

pinoys plan is to sell flats 5 yrs down the road. and go back with profits.

pinoys damn smart. muscle in on cs, accounting. ( so is the local sg not capable of doing AP/AR?) . IT.( so many local dip/uni grads , not enuff for local sg

pinoys can come to work here.. i dun think any sgs can just go to manila and start applying for jobs..
Old 27-11-2011, 09:40 AM   #30
Kalimantan

i m singaporean , managing fillippinos too.

I discussed with them on their dreams and why they are here.

a) they want PR, want to apply within 6 months. Unforuntely govt do not allowed. I guess they came in wrong time after election.

b) they hope to buy a big house in their own hometown.

c) they usually rent from locals here for their shelter. (which is good that singaporeans can collect rent, but it also depend how capable of singaporeans owning more than 1 house to rent)

Why they are here

a) their govt do not take care of them, and most went abroad.

Yes you can go to manila to work, but what life-style you want ? And does the country pay well there ? For those fillippions that come to singapore to work, it means there are plenty of unfill jobs there ..who will take over there then ?