Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 20-03-2006, 01:27 AM   #1
armageddon
Senior Dragon

Default finally planted part 2

haha. as stated in title, its part 2 continued of my planted setup ard 3 months back. did some rescape and addition to my setup.

added riccia balls and rocks DIY. altums all went lorry abt 2 mths back. left with few angels. and 1 silver. now most fish transfer temperory to FGT. see the long plant at thr right hand side?? those are after rescape left. of only abt 30% of original WILD GROWTH!. now all in FGT. bros interested dun mind with abit algae can come collect FOC. by tuesday. more than 60 stalks to give FOC. if take no choose. take all at once.

armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2006, 01:31 AM   #2
armageddon
Senior Dragon

after 3 months of growth. amount of riccia multiplied from initial of abt no more than 20% seen in the picture. already threw more than half away due to algae. now left with healthy riccias to make more floating cute riccia balls and riccia rocks that tray seen below is abt 1 ft square in area

RTL in ok shape and below is my start of my riccia garden within the tank

Old 20-03-2006, 01:32 AM   #3
armageddon
Senior Dragon

lastly, COMMENTS PLS!! not much diff from previous setup only a more dense population of plants
Old 20-03-2006, 05:22 PM   #4
the_r0ck

Once u see a post by me you'll know what I wanna say: Get a lot more plants

Anyway, your foreground is really too sparse.. if you intend to use riccia to fill it up I guess it's pretty nice, but I've always had this thing against floating riccia balls. It just seems a little too unnatural

Anyway it's good to see the rough backbone of your scape, maybe you can hide the heater behind the wall of vallis when things are beginning to pick up and your final choice of scape is decided.

Keep us updated.
Old 20-03-2006, 09:11 PM   #5
onlyyouknow
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon
lastly, COMMENTS PLS!! not much diff from previous setup only a more dense population of plants
Wah, like walk in a garden like that. Quite serene lah but needs more foreground plants. Like the soothing feeling.
onlyyouknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2006, 01:16 AM   #6
armageddon
Senior Dragon

thxs bros. foreground plant... hmm... dunno leh.. cause dun really like to have foreground plants. and also 1 factor is that me bo lui buy more fert liao so foreground is actually fert less.. only those thats seen at the off center right hand side background plants have fert. riccia blalls in actually to test out. see effect how. right side more natural while left is manmade. haha any recommendations of foreground plants that do not depend alot on fert and can live well without them?? thxs alot
Old 23-03-2006, 09:47 AM   #7
waterscape_aq

Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon
thxs bros. foreground plant... hmm... dunno leh.. cause dun really like to have foreground plants. and also 1 factor is that me bo lui buy more fert liao so foreground is actually fert less.. only those thats seen at the off center right hand side background plants have fert. riccia blalls in actually to test out. see effect how. right side more natural while left is manmade. haha any recommendations of foreground plants that do not depend alot on fert and can live well without them?? thxs alot

can actually see that your plants are not doing well as hole appears on the leaves. you mean you don't put in any fert. for the base? anyway is a good effort of trying out! nice and happy to see our hobbist in planted tank is increasing!
Old 23-03-2006, 03:13 PM   #8
armageddon
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterscape_aq
can actually see that your plants are not doing well as hole appears on the leaves. you mean you don't put in any fert. for the base? anyway is a good effort of trying out! nice and happy to see our hobbist in planted tank is increasing!
base fert have but not alor. recommendations to cure the holes?? but only holes appear in that leaves u saw in first 2 picture. the rest like RTL, and ma chiam arrowheads plants still ok leh..
Old 23-03-2006, 08:08 PM   #9
the_r0ck

For the foreground plants.. you can use E. Tennellus, they can do well without much base fert.

Otherwise, you can consider non-rooting plants. Plants like riccia or moss on SS meshes do pretty well. An aquascaper by the name of Nobert Sabat used christmas moss as a foreground plant to extremely beautiful effects. He didn't cover the whole foreground, for the matter.
Old 23-03-2006, 10:20 PM   #10
armageddon
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_r0ck
For the foreground plants.. you can use E. Tennellus, they can do well without much base fert.

Otherwise, you can consider non-rooting plants. Plants like riccia or moss on SS meshes do pretty well. An aquascaper by the name of Nobert Sabat used christmas moss as a foreground plant to extremely beautiful effects. He didn't cover the whole foreground, for the matter.
hmm...point taken but any more hardier plants for recommendation??