Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 20-01-2006, 01:05 AM   #1
Bioscape

Default The International Aquatic Plants Layout Contest 2006

Dear Fellow Hobbyists,

The ADA Contest is here again!

This year, I would like to encourage our fellow hobbyists to participate by helping members here to do submission free-of-charge. Yes, free-of-charge.

You can visit: http://www.bioscape.com.sg for more information.

Come on, show us your best and do Singapore proud!

Ryon
Old 25-02-2006, 10:25 AM   #2
Bioscape

Hi guys, how is the preparation going on? Well done for those who already submitted their application to me. For those who are still in preparation mode, don't worry, we still have some time. Just to highlight something about the entry requirements. You can find more details on www.bioscape.com.sg if you have not yet seen it.

Below are some contest requirements taken from the Bioscape website:

Entry requirements for the contest (for digital images):
- ADA only accept one layout application from each applicant.
- Please take only a picture of whole aquarium from the front side.
- Do not make image processing such as trimming or retouch.
- Image is to be taken with 3.0 megapixels (or better) in high resolution mode. Format in TIFF or JPG.
- The use of house plants or marginal plants, which hardly survives in the water become the subject of point-deduction.

Although it states that the image must be taken with 3.0 megapixels (or better), I would like to remind hobbyists to use high resolution mode with TIFF or JPG format. This is very important as the quality of the image would help the judges to give a good scoring of your layout and furthermore, ADA will not be able to publish your layout in ADA magazines in future.

Don't worry about the file size, if there is any problem sending the images through email, I'll be able to help. Just send me an email or contact me at 97456501.

For those who are still in the mist of preparation, please get the application coming in. All are welcome!

Cheers!

Ryon
Bioscape
Old 12-04-2006, 10:50 PM   #3
Bioscape

Hey guys,

We have about 10 more days to go before the ADA contest is closed. For those who are interested, chop chop email your application and picture to us. We will do a mass submission free of charge. Chop chop loh...