Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > AFC Associate Members Forum > Qian Hu

Old 05-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #31
Aro2626
Arofanatic

QH

Thanks for the answering.

i really appreciate for your guidance.

Best value for money.

Next year, if i visit singapore will drop by ur farm for a visit and get the replacement cartridge for standby.

Regards,
eddie
Aro2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #32
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro2626 View Post
QH

Thanks for the answering.

i really appreciate for your guidance.

Best value for money.

Next year, if i visit singapore will drop by ur farm for a visit and get the replacement cartridge for standby.

Regards,
eddie
Bro,

You are welcome. Hope you will be enjoy your stay here when you have the chance to visit Singapore.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | YOUTUBE
Qian Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:15 PM   #33
Vitor
Dragon

Hi I just bought a hydra internal 50.
Looks great, btw got a issue.

The instruction sheet states that install at 5cm below surface. I installed the air pipe too.
Realized when the filter below 5cm depth, air bubble will not come out w the water flow. Is the flow suppose to be small even in the high setting?

Only when 5cm above for hydra50?, I will get air pump out with the outflow.
Is it suppose to be like that?

I find it abit funny as my uv internal filter also similar kind but no matter wat depth air flow out w the outflow , Amt of air is control by air valve to let air in.
Vitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #34
Vitor
Dragon

Hi I just bought a hydra internal 50.
Looks great, btw got a issue.

The instruction sheet states that install at 5cm below surface. I installed the air pipe too.
Realized when the filter below 5cm depth, air bubble will not come out w the water flow. Is the flow suppose to be small even in the high setting?

Only when 5cm above for hydra50?, I will get air pump out with the outflow.
Is it suppose to be like that?

I find it abit funny as my uv internal filter also similar kind, but no matter wat depth , air gush out w the outflow , Amt of air is control by air valve to let air in.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:03 PM   #35
Vitor
Dragon

Anyone w the same air control ? With hydra 30-50 since I read small hydra even lower flow rate.

Correction, pic in manual states install at 5cm depth. So is 5cm or less?
Pls advice
Old 09-09-2013, 09:25 AM   #36
dhmy3kgto
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitor View Post
Anyone w the same air control ? With hydra 30-50 since I read small hydra even lower flow rate.

Correction, pic in manual states install at 5cm depth. So is 5cm or less?
Pls advice
Same issue here, no bubbles coming out unless device is placed like 1-2cm underwater instead of the recommended 5cm. But can feel current coming out of outlet. Is that good enough?
dhmy3kgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #37
Qian Hu

Dragon

Hi bro,

Thanks for your purchase on Hydra Filter. Regards to this problem about air bubbles, thanks for your feedback. We had investigate and found that this is due to the internal L joint that "suck" in the surface air to create bubbles in the water. We are looking into how we can further improve on the design to have a better air flow.

The L joint caused a reduction in air flow and therefore when it is placed even at 5cm depth as instruct in the manual, the air flow might not be too signicant unless it is place less than 5cm depth which is near to water surface.

The function of air venturi is to create water disturbance to allow more oxygen exchange between the water surface and the environment in addition to the water circulation that is created by the filter.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | YOUTUBE
Qian Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #38
Vitor
Dragon

Ic. Got recall retrofit plans ? Hahhha OK OK not so bad as anyway putting low also get more dirt trap at filter thus I putting it high. So dirt goes to my under suction to sump

Another feedback is the suction cup of hydra 50 is too small thot it is strong . upon install it kept sliding down slowly due to weight. Thus I add a addition big suction cup to support. Then it stays .

Anyway looks well built . Nice will monitor water para @

Sent from my INO_ONE using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #39
dhmy3kgto
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qian Hu View Post
Hi bro,

Thanks for your purchase on Hydra Filter. Regards to this problem about air bubbles, thanks for your feedback. We had investigate and found that this is due to the internal L joint that "suck" in the surface air to create bubbles in the water. We are looking into how we can further improve on the design to have a better air flow.

The L joint caused a reduction in air flow and therefore when it is placed even at 5cm depth as instruct in the manual, the air flow might not be too signicant unless it is place less than 5cm depth which is near to water surface.

The function of air venturi is to create water disturbance to allow more oxygen exchange between the water surface and the environment in addition to the water circulation that is created by the filter.
Thanks for the answer. But right now do we leave it 5cm underwater surface or do we put it nearer to the water surface till we see bubbles?
dhmy3kgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:48 PM   #40
Vitor
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhmy3kgto View Post
Thanks for the answer. But right now do we leave it 5cm underwater surface or do we put it nearer to the water surface till we see bubbles?
i leaving it abt 3-4 cm under surface so will see bubble, low than approx 5cm below , even with the air tube , u wont see any bubbles regardless of high and low flow setting. thats for my case

anyway i putting it pretty high , so i using that as my so call air acelerration.
and i removed my air pump and air stone. 1 less power used for the tank, else too many power points i blur.
anyway i see it as a 2 in 1 , hydra and air pump(w air bubbles the water flow is actually lower too)