Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 17-02-2015, 12:57 PM   #31
dong
Arofanatic

After one day

Pardon if picture still big. Trying to adjust here.
dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 12:58 PM   #32
dong
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepala sakit View Post
When post pix, select your setting la. Btw, after 1 day running got improvement mah?
Not really
Quote:
Originally Posted by sen_jie View Post
just wondering, for your set up, is water splashing sounds significantly loud?
Nope. The splashing sound is minimal
Old 17-02-2015, 01:10 PM   #33
Flairtender
Dragon

Your wavemaker should be on the left side ..... place it lower and nozzle pointing slightly 45 degrees down on the tank base blowing towards the underflow area . Do not blow at your airstone ....
Flairtender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 01:42 PM   #34
dong
Arofanatic

I'm confused. So do I place it on the left or right? My tank is not rectangular in size. There's 2 triangular box at the both end of the sides.
Old 17-02-2015, 08:10 PM   #35
kepala sakit
Dragon

No need confuse de, it doesn't matter rite nor left side, cos when big tank or the VM may be weak to cause a reflect, position it direct as some bro mentioned....Tweak the angle and location to observe till rite mah.
Imo, u do not need to turn on the VM 24/7 de. Btw, you shud be gaining underflow, soon when the correct position established most poo will be gone.

Last edited by kepala sakit; 17-02-2015 at 08:19 PM.
kepala sakit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2015, 01:23 PM   #36
dong
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepala sakit View Post
No need confuse de, it doesn't matter rite nor left side, cos when big tank or the VM may be weak to cause a reflect, position it direct as some bro mentioned....Tweak the angle and location to observe till rite mah.
Imo, u do not need to turn on the VM 24/7 de. Btw, you shud be gaining underflow, soon when the correct position established most poo will be gone.
Thanks for the advice. I'm still trying to find the correct position
Old 18-02-2015, 01:25 PM   #37
dong
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flairtender View Post
Your wavemaker should be on the left side ..... place it lower and nozzle pointing slightly 45 degrees down on the tank base blowing towards the underflow area . Do not blow at your airstone ....
My left side of the tank there's another triangle box where water is blow into the tank. If place left side where should I position it? I can't seems to get the angle.

Old 18-02-2015, 01:38 PM   #38
Flairtender
Dragon

Place ur wave maker on the left side nearer to tank front 6 to 8 inches high . do not let the air stone obstruct the flow of the wm .

By right ur output at the corner left should be able to blow the shit to the underflow if your return pump is strong enough . if after tweaking around still not able to blow the shit towards the underflow ..... Should be ur eos under and overflow design problem Liao .
Flairtender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2015, 09:01 PM   #39
dong
Arofanatic

Quote:
Place ur wave maker on the left side nearer to tank front 6 to 8 inches high . do not let the air stone obstruct the flow of the wm .

By right ur output at the corner left should be able to blow the shit to the underflow if your return pump is strong enough . if after tweaking around still not able to blow the shit towards the underflow ..... Should be ur eos under and overflow design problem Liao .
Appreciate your advice. Will try it out
Old 18-02-2015, 10:06 PM   #40
dong
Arofanatic

Quote:

Bro like this?