Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 11-01-2012, 12:04 AM   #1
minz
Arofanatic

Default Can insulation hose absorb vibration fr canister hose

As I am using 25/34 filter hose, whenever the hose touched a surface it will start to rattle making irritating noise, do u guys think with insulation hose wrrap over it can absorb the noise and vibration?
minz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:49 AM   #2
Rabbit
Arofanatic

yes it can.
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:08 AM   #3
RTG Lover
Dragon

Can get those sponge insulation type to wrap around the hose...similar to the insulation on aircon pipes
RTG Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
issacyeo
Endangered Dragon

yes the insulation will help to dampen the vibration.
issacyeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #5
sloke

Bro Minz, I am using canister before but never has this issue. I am perplexed why your insulation hose rattles like that.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #6
minz
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
yes it can.
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by issacyeo View Post
yes the insulation will help to dampen the vibration.
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTG Lover View Post
Can get those sponge insulation type to wrap around the hose...similar to the insulation on aircon pipes
Hi RTG sponge insulation isit those thick aircon sponge used for industry? Is this the one http://inhabitat.com/super-insulator...o-soak-up-oil/
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloke View Post
Bro Minz, I am using canister before but never has this issue. I am perplexed why your insulation hose rattles like that.
Thanks sloke I am using 2260, because of strong flowrate that stirs vibration to the hose, it will start to rattle whenever it touches any surface. Not only the hose, the pump which vibrates causing most irritating noise is another problem. As the tank is in my bedroom u can imagine how..

So guys still need yr help on reducing noise level of 2260, removing the cover dosent help much, try that.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by minz View Post
I am using 2260, because of strong flowrate that stirs vibration to the hose, it will start to rattle whenever it touches any surface. Not only the hose, the pump which vibrates causing most irritating noise is another problem. As the tank is in my bedroom u can imagine how..

So guys still need yr help on reducing noise level of 2260, removing the cover dosent help much, try that.
Hi bro minz, I used the 2260 and because its a powerful pump, there is bound to have noticeable noise.

I understand the rattle problem but it cannot be cancelled out, only can be minimised.

U should not remove the cover, on the other hand, should cover as much. I use a tower to wrap around the top. It helps cut the noise.

But for long term health (the noise affects sleep), and fengshui reasons (placing your tank in your bedroom), I think u might wanna consider moving it out.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #8
angelo
Senior Dragon

"break" the frequency by having a segment of the piping with softer material and larger cross-section area.
angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #9
sloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by minz View Post
Thanks sloke I am using 2260, because of strong flowrate that stirs vibration to the hose, it will start to rattle whenever it touches any surface. Not only the hose, the pump which vibrates causing most irritating noise is another problem. As the tank is in my bedroom u can imagine how..

Now understood your situation. My is in the living hall so not so distinctive to me.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #10
minz
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9900 View Post
Hi bro minz, I used the 2260 and because its a powerful pump, there is bound to have noticeable noise.

I understand the rattle problem but it cannot be cancelled out, only can be minimised.

U should not remove the cover, on the other hand, should cover as much. I use a tower to wrap around the top. It helps cut the noise.

But for long term health (the noise affects sleep), and fengshui reasons (placing your tank in your bedroom), I think u might wanna consider moving it out.
Hi bro thks for sharing, am tryin to minimise to max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo View Post
"break" the frequency by having a segment of the piping with softer material and larger cross-section area.
Thks angelo, could you elaborate more?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloke View Post
Now understood your situation. My is in the living hall so not so distinctive to me.
Ha ya sloke cos my tank is in my rm with a perfect view for me, but with the noise I'm like living in a server rm. Might consider sell away getin 2080 instead.