Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 16-01-2010, 01:06 AM   #11
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionZ View Post
haha.. im getting another ray soon.. ray and planted cannot mix.. and i love my ray too much to let go.
Rays are really cool, my friend had one and I was quite amazed by it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by awj2703 View Post
hey TS, wad's ur tank size? beautifully done..
30cm tank, 10 litres.

Update
The piece of wood in the center has sunk a little, it looks more in place now.
I am changing about 30% daily as I am still waiting for the filter to fully kick into operation. Even then, I will still change about 10%-20% daily as it is such a small tank. 0.5ml of melafix is also being added on a daily basis with the 30% water change. My corydoras are becoming more interactive with the aquascape as they days go by, I am taking it as a sign they are stable. Its really fun to see them 'run' on the wood or hide underneath them.
Here are some more pictures.

Old 16-01-2010, 11:21 AM   #12
kampfer
Dragon

Lovely set up Jade!
kampfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #13
Purpleflare

Not bad at all, Issac... See tt u r back in ur aquascaping.. Finally playing with my fav medium... Wood~~ have fun with it...
Old 16-01-2010, 07:12 PM   #14
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer View Post
Lovely set up Jade!
Thanks once again kampfer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpleflare View Post
Not bad at all, Issac... See tt u r back in ur aquascaping.. Finally playing with my fav medium... Wood~~ have fun with it...
Thanks bro! Its high praise coming from you. Do you have an aquascaped tank at the moment? Yeah, wood is great.
Old 17-01-2010, 01:39 AM   #15
reborn4ever

Niice set up... Thank for sharing
Old 17-01-2010, 08:43 PM   #16
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborn4ever View Post
Niice set up... Thank for sharing
Thanks for viewing and your compliments.
Old 17-01-2010, 09:34 PM   #17
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

remember my old time 2ft cory tank. it was really fun.. i cant wait till my O's is over! .. anyway, JIG why not you take over as the plant mod?
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #18
Purpleflare

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeIceGreen View Post
Thanks bro! Its high praise coming from you. Do you have an aquascaped tank at the moment? Yeah, wood is great.
Haha.. no la.. me retire liao... now only got a "stack in place" tank with only wood & anubias... and trying to incorporate land plants into e top of my tank... in experimental mode... not nice enough to share.. hehe... anyway its super low tech... will share when i am satisfied with e scape..
Old 18-01-2010, 11:31 AM   #19
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionZ View Post
remember my old time 2ft cory tank. it was really fun.. i cant wait till my O's is over! .. anyway, JIG why not you take over as the plant mod?
Oh yes! Forgot all about your 2ft Corydoras tank, I'll check it out during lunch time later. Plant Mod? I am not suitable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpleflare View Post
Haha.. no la.. me retire liao... now only got a "stack in place" tank with only wood & anubias... and trying to incorporate land plants into e top of my tank... in experimental mode... not nice enough to share.. hehe... anyway its super low tech... will share when i am satisfied with e scape..
Looking forward to it. I'm learning and thinking of how to grow plants on the back wall of a tank. For example, a normal tank but with a higher wall on the back when compared to the front and side walls. The aquascape will look fuller with plants growing out of the water and for mega tanks, it will be good as the tank will still dominate the room without all the extra weight. We could study this together, I got two more years till I get my own place and mega tank! Haha, can't wait.

Last edited by JadeIceGreen; 18-01-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 18-01-2010, 10:33 PM   #20
JadeIceGreen

Update

I have decided to take a small plunge and have ordered a tank from N30. Its dimensions will be 52cmx15cmx20cm, the footprint of my bookshelf. It will be about 15 litres and so will not be too heavy for my bookshelf to support.

Since a new tank is coming and this thread is active, I've decided to do a short documentary on this setup like what I did for Sanzon Iwagumi. However, this will be much shorter since it is easier without the planting of plants and there is no need for CO2, ferts or the setup of a cannister filter.

I'm pretty excited and hyped up. I will be getting more pieces of ADA wood to fill up the extra space. I am also thinking of getting a few rocks tied with moss and blend those in with the wood, I'll see how it goes.

The current Corydoras count of five will be expended to seven or nine depending on how the scape turns out. Most likely it will be seven Corydoras as I do not want to overload the capacity, I want them to have a good, happy life.

I'm having slight problems with my current substrate, which is made out of sand. As it is so light, it tends to fly around and cloud the water in a slight haze with substrate activity from the Corydoras. I'll be looking into ADA substrate (not Amazonia) and will try to find a suitable one. If I'm not wrong, gravel is not safe for Corydoras right?

Filtration will still be the Eheim Liberty 100 although I'm so tempted to go up to Liberty 150 as I get to play with the option of carbon cartridges, I am such a sucker for filtration equipment. Has anyone have experience with the carbon and bio cartridges for Eheim Liberty? Lighting will be provided by two Arcadia 9w lamps.

I do have a mental picture of how I want the tank to look like and I hope I can pull it off. This is going to be my tank for ADA 2010 and unlike others who are starting now, I am definitely in time because of my aquascape is primarily hardscape! Haha. I'll upload the pictures as soon as the tank arrives, I do hope my Corydoras will enjoy their new home and that everyone enjoys the new ride.

This is going to be fun.

Last edited by JadeIceGreen; 18-01-2010 at 10:39 PM.