Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Product Reviews

Old 03-08-2005, 01:37 AM   #21
loster

me always enjoy reading ken's product review at least i have the idea how the product works before i commit to it
Old 03-08-2005, 02:01 AM   #22
wlchew

Well written report, Ken... Thanks.

The picture shown that both the ozone unit and air pump are using a 3-pin plug. This is a "+" point and I think this is one of the rare 20 Air-pump unit with factory assembled 3-pin plug. in Singapore.

IMO, the unit looks "professional" as compare to Enaly. If only both the "IN" and "OUT" shift to the front, the design will be near perfect !!

Ken, please update the progress in 10-days time .
(I will only install it this weekend due to suddenly "heavy" work-load and I am oversea by the time you read this msg )
Old 03-08-2005, 02:22 AM   #23
bonjour2

Ken , maybe you can explain some connections sequence for the reefers who bought the ozone generators as I realise that quite a no of reefers who bulk order are not familiar with hooking up the ozone in situations like;

1) If no sump tank, how to hook up?
2) If Skimmer is not ozone safe, where to discharge ozone to?
3) What is the proper connection , ie , where the tubes goes to where?
4) What is the recommended settings for different tank size,
5) and the duration of ozone discharge if running w/o a ORP controller.

Will you be kind enough to provide the reefers out there with the a/m FAQs. ? Appreciated.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:35 AM   #24
bloodlamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim75sg
You can connect the ozone output directly to the skimmer and let the unit "sucks" the air but it will get clogs with dust up over time thus hampering the efficiency of the unit.

Using the airpump to deliver "clean and dry" air to the ozone is a better approach to ensure the ozonizer is working near to its max efficiency level.
How is the air more "clean and dry" compare to using the skimmer to suck in? Do you put a air filter / air drier inline?
Old 03-08-2005, 10:09 AM   #25
neokn

Hi Ken,

After so many review on ozonizer of different brands. I really hope to see a comparison chart soon something like those for the computer hardware. Then we can have a showdown of all the brands.

Cheers. A review well done. Keep up the good work.

:OFF TOPIC: Really hope that I can catch up with you more during the AquaRama 2005 but I'm with a friend so I couldn't stay and chat. So when is the next ba chow mee session?
Old 03-08-2005, 10:34 AM   #26
bonjour2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodlamb
How is the air more "clean and dry" compare to using the skimmer to suck in? Do you put a air filter / air drier inline?
Hi Bloodlamb, u will be surprise that certain air pump comes with a filter wool within the pump itself to filter dust, like the one tat comes with this ozone with a white wool like material at the btm...
Old 03-08-2005, 10:38 AM   #27
soomin
Arofanatic

Can I ask you guys how to make the air dry ? I am using silica gel seal up in a 500ml bottle & air go through it but it all turn pink within a week, any other media that can i use which can last longer ?
soomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 09:19 PM   #28
bloodlamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjour2
Hi Bloodlamb, u will be surprise that certain air pump comes with a filter wool within the pump itself to filter dust, like the one tat comes with this ozone with a white wool like material at the btm...
That is only if you check the filter and replace it regularly. Those pumps that have that usually have the wool in not very accessible places.

The air is still not dry.

BTW is there an internal check valve in this ozonizer? Otherwise why would the in/out matters?
Old 03-08-2005, 09:26 PM   #29
Ariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjour2
Ken , maybe you can explain some connections sequence for the reefers who bought the ozone generators as I realise that quite a no of reefers who bulk order are not familiar with hooking up the ozone in situations like;

1) If no sump tank, how to hook up?
2) If Skimmer is not ozone safe, where to discharge ozone to?
3) What is the proper connection , ie , where the tubes goes to where?
4) What is the recommended settings for different tank size,
5) and the duration of ozone discharge if running w/o a ORP controller.

Will you be kind enough to provide the reefers out there with the a/m FAQs. ? Appreciated.
Can juz use a air stone in the sump? those wooden one?
Old 03-08-2005, 09:47 PM   #30
bonjour2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodlamb
That is only if you check the filter and replace it regularly. Those pumps that have that usually have the wool in not very accessible places.

The air is still not dry.

BTW is there an internal check valve in this ozonizer? Otherwise why would the in/out matters?
agree , but u ask clean air mah, so ultimate air still clean wor, on condition u replace the filter regularly... but it all also boils down to the climate and surronding . some places like my old unit near Mt Sinai, atmosphere not very dusty, pump runs for almost 1 yr plus the filter still very clean ..

Air dryness i no comment..unless i got humidity meter to check.

yr 3rd comment even more cute, i don think anyone will know how to ans u, only the manufacturer knows, cos it is stated clearly on the cover; "there is high power voltage inside , do not take it down at random unless u r the repairing worker. " so perhaps u can consult Hailea and ask them this? or i can pass a spare to u to experiment plugging in the air flow reverse manner and see the outcome?