Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Closed Thread

Old 30-01-2011, 03:16 PM   #81
Allan Lee

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=450976

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=451254

While I'm never against hobbyists selling their spawns, be more considerate & constructive in one's marketing strategies. One's actions is the result of what one is made of...

As hobbyists, we can give up TVRs tomorrow if we like.
As commercials, they'd still got a business to run tomorrow.
Jap/Thai bloodline breeders would not be so accessible to us if commercials vanished tomorrow.
What goes around, comes around! Don't burn bridges.

Old 30-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #82
marshy

Senior Moderator

So the case is about spoiling the market?
The only difference between the 2 indicated sale threads are pricing.
Even if TS choose to spoil the market, it does not constitute to flaming in any thread.

I may not be all too familier in the going on in the GF community but perhaps that may be a better thing as I will be even more impartial about matters.
Old 30-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #83
shimark

Bro Chris, ignore the noises/gases and continue your breeding efforts.

Buying affordable local bred is the way to go for newbies and leisure hobbyist (like myself) to learn and appreciate tvr. Buying costly imports would be a waste of money unless one is a serious hobbyist with deep deep pockets and prepared to provide plenty of efforts to groom and care for the fish.

Its common sense why some commercial importers view local breeders negatively. Its a pity we do not have importer-cum-breeder commercial parties here like those in Thailand. Hence, newbies and leisure hobbyists here need local breeders like you, kitsilano, justfish, etc

Old 30-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #84
marshy

Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimark View Post
Bro Chris, wah very nice bbrs there

I still waiting and waiting for my fishes to blanket party and gang rape the female..... wait until bui tahan liao
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
Maybe your female fish no good...u need a good female to seduce n strategise the blanket n rape lor....then u can sit back relax and laugh....
Quote:
How big the parents are very subjective...cos it also depend on your feeding, temperature and water perimeter.....

I seen tosai laying eggs liao... and OYA not even a single egg...

I can show you only the father cos mummy in Q after gang rape....
Quote:
Yup.....didn't want to strip her....but she.......
Quote:
Push in hard....pull out slowly......4 days old.
One more thing to Chris and others involved in above posts.
Please remember that this is a public forum.
There are ladies in here as well and such talk is not welcomed.
You may just be referring to GF but please show some respect for the ladies members.
Old 30-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #85
Meepok Man

I have met bro hugo quite sometime back in june July last year, he is a very friendly and helpful guy. He intro cheaper Jap bred kashino bloodline CBR to me as I am a new player and share some pointers with me about ranchu keeping/grooming. Bro hugo told me, ranchu keeping is an art and quality of the fish alot depends on the line. If breeding is so easy to achieve, the thais will have make their way to AJRS. Why are they still buying parent fish from Japan?

I cannot tell how good is a local bred ranchu as I have not seen anyone of them before but from what I had understand ranchu is not like an ordinary gf, we need to understand the bloodline and grooming. No offence to all the bros who purchase local bred and I had totally nothing against them.

Buy a local bred when they dont even understand ranchu well?? I feel it is like buying buying a replica LV wallet, you will never understand why there are ppl willing to pay big bucks for the piece of leather. Buying local bred? maybe you can go down to mainland and scope 10pcs for less then a blue note.

Lets ease the tension and prepare to chinese new year! Happy new year to all the bros in AF! HUAT AH!

Old 30-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #86
Allan Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshy View Post
Even if TS choose to spoil the market, it does not constitute to flaming in any thread.

I may not be all too familier in the going on in the GF community but perhaps that may be a better thing as I will be even more impartial about matters.
This case is not about spoiling the market. To reiterate, I'm never against hobbyists selling their spawns as I started off with local breds too.

As you'd mentioned, the ONLY difference between the 2 indicated sales threads is the pricing. To copy & paste someone else's sales thread simply showed outright disrespect for the other. Let alone, they are (were) friends! That's what friends are for?

Old 30-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #87
marshy

Senior Moderator

Regardless of the bad blood between them.
Take it offline.

We do not tolerate flaming here.
Old 30-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #88
Hugoboss
Arofanatic

Quote:

The difference is he literally copied my post, do you see it? Intentional or not, respectful or not, considerate or not, you decide. Dirty talk on a public forum is i felt a no-no, alittle on and off might be ok but his is different, when he logs in, he loses it completely. That is where he lacks respect for female viewers who has been quietly tolerating it for as long as he has been talking.

It is a worrying phenomenon, because of people like CHRIS and not because it impacts my ranchu business, but because hobbyists helps shape our ranchu scene. If it’s strong and vibrant, it allows us to bask in collective pride, if it’s unworthy and disconnecting, we lose a common relation.

Anyway, i will gently click on that "report" button from now on.

Quote:

Buying affordable local bred is the way to go for newbies and leisure hobbyist (like myself) to learn and appreciate tvr. Buying costly imports would be a waste of money unless one is a serious hobbyist with deep deep pockets and prepared to provide plenty of efforts to groom and care for the fish.

Its common sense why some commercial importers view local breeders negatively. Its a pity we do not have importer-cum-breeder commercial parties here like those in Thailand. Hence, newbies and leisure hobbyists here need local breeders like you, kitsilano, justfish, etc
Shimark,

Its common sense why some commercial importers view local breeders negatively.It's also common sense to me why you're seeing this picture, i have absolutely nothing against local bred, it is simply what hobbyists with commercial agenda made out of it. I was too honest with my comments on local bred and let's just say it didn't went down well with that minority few as i pointed out in respect that it hasn't met the standard in my opinion. They should improve on it and then sell only when the standard is met, unfortunately, they don't see it as could have been blinded by the dollar sign till they forgot about the good of ranchu hobby and to educate well.

What is needed is not some ranchu that the breeders doesn't even know it's own bred well to start the hobby but recognising the need to solve the fundamental problem(educating correctly) that is causing lacklustre response.
Old 30-01-2011, 05:59 PM   #89
marshy

Senior Moderator

Use the report post button.
Do not take actions into your own hands.
Old 30-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #90
chris

Quote:
One more thing to Chris .....Please remember that this is a public forum.
There are ladies in here as well and such talk is not welcomed.
You may just be referring to GF but please show some respect for the ladies members.
Hi Marshy, noted with apologies. Will improve on it.

Quote:
Hi Bro Shimark, No worries....I have a few spawns lately. Most willing to share some technique of spawning with you.

Last edited by chris; 30-01-2011 at 11:03 PM.

Closed Thread