Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2002, 02:35 PM   #31
newie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I dare say i have kept 1 good jap ranchu before, better than my avatar pic.. but it die becos i was on a 2 week vacation, and the power of my flat tripped, and the green water turn "stale"..

and about my comments about importing cheap ranchus and selling at high price, that is only my opinion of the lfs in north bridge,.. anyway, if some people may have differnet opinion..

Ranchu get sick some times, just like people mah, (sometimes i lazy, do not change water for 2-3 weeks..).. anyway, gill problem are easy to spot. if your ranchu gill is closed, or open-closed very fast, or, Open very big, and ver red inside, then it is gill problem.

Just use salt treatment will solve the problem.. no need to buy medication...

i like thai ranchus that are round in body, and if view from top, their stomach seems a bit big, and thin tail bone.. tail not balance.. BUT they are cute to me on the side view

Jap ranchus are longer, and so to me not nice on the side view, but top view is great and the way they swim is nice also

the above are of course my personal opinion of ranchu, differnet people may like differnt types of ranchus...
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 03:59 PM   #32
Ranchuseed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by newie
I dare say i have kept 1 good jap ranchu before, better than my avatar pic.. but it die becos i was on a 2 week vacation, and the power of my flat tripped, and the green water turn "stale"..

and about my comments about importing cheap ranchus and selling at high price, that is only my opinion of the lfs in north bridge,.. anyway, if some people may have differnet opinion..

Ranchu get sick some times, just like people mah, (sometimes i lazy, do not change water for 2-3 weeks..).. anyway, gill problem are easy to spot. if your ranchu gill is closed, or open-closed very fast, or, Open very big, and ver red inside, then it is gill problem.

Just use salt treatment will solve the problem.. no need to buy medication...

i like thai ranchus that are round in body, and if view from top, their stomach seems a bit big, and thin tail bone.. tail not balance.. BUT they are cute to me on the side view

Jap ranchus are longer, and so to me not nice on the side view, but top view is great and the way they swim is nice also

the above are of course my personal opinion of ranchu, differnet people may like differnt types of ranchus...
What do you consider a good green water?

For the cheap ranchu thing that means you are telling me that. the North bridge road fish are not a good fish. And they are selling high, not worth to buy am i right. I will take your word.

for the personal opinion is what you see and not the fish character.

I think not all Jap ranchu is long, some that is short. Different breeder different character.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 04:02 PM   #33
Ranchuseed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by newie
I dare say i have kept 1 good jap ranchu before, better than my avatar pic.. but it die becos i was on a 2 week vacation, and the power of my flat tripped, and the green water turn "stale"..

and about my comments about importing cheap ranchus and selling at high price, that is only my opinion of the lfs in north bridge,.. anyway, if some people may have differnet opinion..

Ranchu get sick some times, just like people mah, (sometimes i lazy, do not change water for 2-3 weeks..).. anyway, gill problem are easy to spot. if your ranchu gill is closed, or open-closed very fast, or, Open very big, and ver red inside, then it is gill problem.

Just use salt treatment will solve the problem.. no need to buy medication...

i like thai ranchus that are round in body, and if view from top, their stomach seems a bit big, and thin tail bone.. tail not balance.. BUT they are cute to me on the side view

Jap ranchus are longer, and so to me not nice on the side view, but top view is great and the way they swim is nice also

the above are of course my personal opinion of ranchu, differnet people may like differnt types of ranchus...


I have seen thai ranchu with long beautiful body. Not rounded ones. some looks like Jap shape. I think mostly what you see is lion head ranchu.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 08:23 PM   #34
goldfishfever
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think in Japan most top view ranchus are raised by club members and they are longish. Those side viewing fish are rounder and short. Viewing from the top, this kind of ranchu don't have a koban shape and most of this fish are breed in farms. The ranchu club consider this as lionhead. This is clearly discribed in the book Fancy Goldfish.

In TRP, some of their fishes are quite short and I guess this are side view fish (lionhead) mixed with the shipment.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 08:40 PM   #35
goldfishfever
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishMadman




I have seen thai ranchu with long beautiful body. Not rounded ones. some looks like Jap shape. I think mostly what you see is lion head ranchu.
I think the ones you mentioned are the direct imported ones. The dealers normally display "imported" and those with no sign are the ones bred in Thailand.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 10:55 PM   #36
Pioneer
New Member
 
Pioneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 31
Default

Can someone care to tell me what is "green water". Sorry I am new here.
Pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 11:54 PM   #37
goldfishfever
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Green water looks like our sugar cane juice, all green. The green is a result of phytoplankton or uni-cellular algae bloom in water under condition when there is organic nutrient (fish waste) and sunlight. This is another form of efficient filtration.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 02:28 AM   #38
Ranchuseed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishfever
Green water looks like our sugar cane juice, all green. The green is a result of phytoplankton or uni-cellular algae bloom in water under condition when there is organic nutrient (fish waste) and sunlight. This is another form of efficient filtration.

U are right sunlight is filtration. So no need to use filter any more.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 11:04 AM   #39
Ranchuseed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by newie
I dare say i have kept 1 good jap ranchu before, better than my avatar pic.. but it die becos i was on a 2 week vacation, and the power of my flat tripped, and the green water turn "stale"..

and about my comments about importing cheap ranchus and selling at high price, that is only my opinion of the lfs in north bridge,.. anyway, if some people may have differnet opinion..

Ranchu get sick some times, just like people mah, (sometimes i lazy, do not change water for 2-3 weeks..).. anyway, gill problem are easy to spot. if your ranchu gill is closed, or open-closed very fast, or, Open very big, and ver red inside, then it is gill problem.

Just use salt treatment will solve the problem.. no need to buy medication...

i like thai ranchus that are round in body, and if view from top, their stomach seems a bit big, and thin tail bone.. tail not balance.. BUT they are cute to me on the side view

Jap ranchus are longer, and so to me not nice on the side view, but top view is great and the way they swim is nice also

the above are of course my personal opinion of ranchu, differnet people may like differnt types of ranchus...

What colour is a good green water
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 11:08 AM   #40
Ranchuseed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

newbie

Where can i get Japan ranchu? And how u appreciated Japan ranchu?
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 09:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)