Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 18-07-2006, 12:33 AM   #281
cichlidtalk
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchu Lover
A ranchu has to be balanced. Ishikawa ranchus are mostly future ranchu. That is to say that they are generally good as Oya fish. How many of us got skill to keep a ranchu for several years before we can see the potential develope. Kashino and Takao are fish that generally peak at Nisai which is suitable for my kind of keeping.

If you are the patience type, then go for the Ishikawa.
oh i see .... so that is also to say that your keeping of fishes is "short term" lah .. which also means that your fishes develope early and then thats it for the fish .... i see ...

but what i do know about ranchu is the challenge for the fish to grow to oya .. and therefore the recongition of getting the grand champ. but i would also like to add that kashino and takao has got oya fishes which are in the standing for the AJRS and therefore show that their fishes do not generally peak at nisai .. just my 2 cents worth ...

and i would also presume that your other TVR that u have already peak and not around liao is it ???
cichlidtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 12:54 AM   #282
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidtalk
oh i see .... so that is also to say that your keeping of fishes is "short term" lah .. which also means that your fishes develope early and then thats it for the fish .... i see ...

but what i do know about ranchu is the challenge for the fish to grow to oya .. and therefore the recongition of getting the grand champ. but i would also like to add that kashino and takao has got oya fishes which are in the standing for the AJRS and therefore show that their fishes do not generally peak at nisai .. just my 2 cents worth ...

and i would also presume that your other TVR that u have already peak and not around liao is it ???
I have both type of TVR. If you are looking for a future TVR, go for one with a slender body and small head growth. Look for very neat scales. Slender body TVRs tend to have smaller scales. Those TVRs with massive wen will peak very much faster. There are also some other very sensitive issues that I will not bring up in this forum. Otherwise some people will burn down my house for that.

BTW do you have 3 years to wait for your ranchu to peak? As I have said before, goldfish is just a hobby to me. Entering competition is the fun part. Meeting fellow hobbyist is the enjoyable part. Looking every morning and evening at my goldfish is the soothing part.
Old 18-07-2006, 04:15 PM   #283
FieryBetta

Quote:
I have both type of TVR. If you are looking for a future TVR, go for one with a slender body and small head growth. Look for very neat scales. Slender body TVRs tend to have smaller scales. Those TVRs with massive wen will peak very much faster. There are also some other very sensitive issues that I will not bring up in this forum. Otherwise some people will burn down my house for that.

BTW do you have 3 years to wait for your ranchu to peak? As I have said before, goldfish is just a hobby to me. Entering competition is the fun part. Meeting fellow hobbyist is the enjoyable part. Looking every morning and evening at my goldfish is the soothing part.
brudder, who are the breeders for the 2 types of TVR ?
Old 18-07-2006, 07:39 PM   #284
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryBetta
brudder, who are the breeders for the 2 types of TVR ?
Basically all breeders will have both type of ranchus. Just like in a big family, some will be tall some will be short etc.etc. With goldfish, you have thousands in one spawn. It is a question of culling. Keep what you like and throw away what you don't.

Hard to explain in this forum. Need to write a book to do so.
Old 18-07-2006, 07:58 PM   #285
FieryBetta

Quote:
Basically all breeders will have both type of ranchus. Just like in a big family, some will be tall some will be short etc.etc. With goldfish, you have thousands in one spawn. It is a question of culling. Keep what you like and throw away what you don't.

Hard to explain in this forum. Need to write a book to do so.
oic, very difficult
Old 18-07-2006, 08:35 PM   #286
Nemo2

Talking

Patience.... is the essence of Ranchu keeping!!
Good for testing your ability and perserverence in Ranchu keeping!!
Old 18-07-2006, 09:53 PM   #287
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo2
Patience.... is the essence of Ranchu keeping!!
Good for testing your ability and perserverence in Ranchu keeping!!
This is only a very small part to the equation. The bigger part is the know-how.
Old 19-07-2006, 09:06 AM   #288
Nemo2

Talking

Quote:
This is only a very small part to the equation. The bigger part is the know-how.
With patients..... eventually will know how....
Old 19-07-2006, 10:33 AM   #289
Sotong King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo2
With patients..... eventually will know how....

In 50 to 100 years time?
Old 19-07-2006, 10:47 AM   #290
Nemo2

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotong King
In 50 to 100 years time?
That one will depend on individual.... cant really say..