Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 17-10-2011, 04:44 PM   #91
Ronald
Dragon

Hi Bro, the Maruyama Sanke 53cm looks like have a lot of potential. Will look great when all the tsubo sumi prevail. Odome also looks quite strong and more importantly it's white. Shiroji also good. Only flaw is that little bit of sumi on the head; hopefully will disappear. But I think you need to pump it up more at this stage to bulk her up for a better look. That's my favorite among all
Ronald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2011, 06:17 PM   #92
zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald View Post
Hi Bro, the Maruyama Sanke 53cm looks like have a lot of potential. Will look great when all the tsubo sumi prevail. Odome also looks quite strong and more importantly it's white. Shiroji also good. Only flaw is that little bit of sumi on the head; hopefully will disappear. But I think you need to pump it up more at this stage to bulk her up for a better look. That's my favorite among all
Thanks Bro. That's one of the few I got recently. A replacement for a female guaranteed sanke which turned out male.

The focus seems to be on the length at the moment as compared to its other siblings. This batch of sankes are rather impressive in my opinion.

In general, I do not pump my fishes too much as I am not really into shows. The recent erratic weather and my constant additions also require that I QT them for quite a while without food and hence most are rather slim.
Old 17-10-2011, 06:29 PM   #93
zealot

Forgot to add, the main reason why I place the pic side by side is to compare how the koi develops as it grow.

As my pockets are deep enough only for tosais, a problem I always encountered is to imagine how the koi develop, e.g. whether the beni plate on shoulder will expand and in what manner, how the coloured area which wrapped down the body will show when the koi add girth. How the hi, shiroji, sumi appears.

I hope these pics will help in some way.

Please do not hesitate to shoot any remarks, questions, comments.
Old 18-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #94
zealot

Busy day today. Once I have more time tonight to tomorrow, I will touch on another sensitive topic - Price vs Quality.

I will highlight a few of my kois with listed price less than $700. In my view, their quality is comparable to some of my more expensive kois too. Hence, I feel price is just the judgement call of the breeder/seller based on their perception of the quality of their fishes and alike any human, they do make mistakes as well.

Just that the mistakes get lesser with bigger kois....