Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 31-07-2011, 05:53 PM   #1
Amazonia

Thumbs up Justice swiftly served

Good evening AF bros,

I would like to share this piece of news with fellow fishkeepers to alert the public and shedding some light and in the increasing cases of aquatic related thefts recently.

I will not provide the investigation details as the police are still working to close off all angles and have a conclusive case before they can release the full events of details. I will try to keep it short.

My premises was broken into and buglary was committed in the wee hours of Saturday morning. 12 stingrays in total were stolen, leaving only 5 stingray behind which I believe the thieves didn't have enough resources to bag them along with the rest or either that they were being selective and picky. I only found out later in the morning at 11am and the police was called in to investigate. So damn furious and upset at the sametime.

AMAZINGLY, in the next 13 hours, the police contacted me and informed me that they had found my rays It was hard to believe, I'd never imagined that i could actually get them back, even more so, in 13 hours only! I immediately drove down to the suspect's home and yes, there were all there, in his tanks. It was my biggest RELIEF ever.

The SPF really impressed all of us with their efficiency and capability. I thought all was lost and was already prepared for the worst... theres no way I can get them back. They gave my case their top priority and worked through the night to catch these culprits.

Turns out that our instincts were right and the main culprit is a 'client' that came down a week ago, probably to plan and organize his crime. His actions and questions were just too suspicious not to notice. Forumers do beware, these malicious people do visit these forums, maybe even members. They are young, daring and organized.

They will now face the consequences of their actions.

We have been very fortunate to retrieve what was stolen and its a lesson that must be learnt. Security systems and measures are now in place to deter such cases from happening again. Even if you keep these fishes at home/farm/pond. There will be such people that will go to the extremes to steal them from you. You can never be too careful.

PLEASE take extra precaution for your precious fishes!!
Old 31-07-2011, 06:08 PM   #2
aldenpwoh

Congratz on getting your Rays back bro
Old 31-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #3
leezhengxi

Congrats on getting your rays back bro , thank you for the heads up...
leezhengxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 06:47 PM   #4
troutsalmonlove
Dragon

Thanks bro for sharing good news, glad to hear ur retrieval of ur rays justice is served
troutsalmonlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
azon
Senior Dragon

luck you.. glad you got all of them back..

I'm won't be surpise that he is a AF member.. maybe should dig out his nick too..

Is there a lot of rays at his house or just your rays only?

Last edited by azon; 31-07-2011 at 07:45 PM.
azon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 07:46 PM   #6
tian ya ren
Dragon

good luck
tian ya ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #7
pdrstingray
Arofanatic

Congrats on the successful capture of culprits and retrieval of rays!!!!!!
ps: are the rays insured against theft, like other luxury products ie watches jewellery? ;P
pdrstingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #8
uluaking

Wow indeed a close shave for you, bro.... Congrats on retrieving your rays bro ..... dunno if this is the same guy who did the same thing last 2 years....
Old 31-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #9
ravenleon

Close shave but luck is on your side. No worries it will be Big Huat all the way from now. Cheers Magnum
Old 31-07-2011, 09:07 PM   #10
shiokmc
Endangered Dragon

Thumbs up

Congrats!!
Great news
shiokmc is offline   Reply With Quote