Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences

Old 01-01-2014, 09:36 PM   #11
Brichardi
Dragon

An update.....4 days free swimming fries with the parents.....

Happy new year all! May every hobbyists have a bountiful fries 2014!.... 😊

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Brichardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:22 PM   #12
Brichardi
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildaltum View Post
congrats!!...Nice looking pair. Quite clean with the black stripes.

Agree with you...live boon easier than hatching BBS....hehehe
Many thanks for yr kind words bud! With easy available 'live' food, breeding fishes so much easier tbh.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:31 PM   #13
Kiang
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brichardi View Post
An update.....4 days free swimming fries with the parents.....

Happy new year all! May every hobbyists have a bountiful fries 2014!.... 😊

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:39 PM   #14
Doraemon82
Arofanatic

sorry can you let me know where do you get those live boon ? and boon is it mean to be brine shrimp or sea monkey ? I also have a batch of fries .. which are only feeding first bite .. they r growing very slow
Doraemon82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:51 PM   #15
Brichardi
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doraemon82 View Post
sorry can you let me know where do you get those live boon ? and boon is it mean to be brine shrimp or sea monkey ? I also have a batch of fries .. which are only feeding first bite .. they r growing very slow
Bud, boon is live daphnias. You can get it in many places, namely Bedok North/Yishun/SungeiTengeh/Serangoon/etc. Better to feed 'live' food for first month...casualty will be minimum and growth super fast. Hope it helps.

Thanks again Kiang.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:08 AM   #16
johannes

Looking good ah the fries and nice clear pictures...
Hahaha
Old 03-01-2014, 01:04 PM   #17
fireblade
Endangered Dragon

nice angels you have there!
and you have good and fertile parents!!
fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:04 AM   #18
wildaltum
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doraemon82 View Post
Boon is also known as daphnia or water fleas. It is fresh water. There are shops selling like wat bro brichardi says. One packet only 1 dollar. But usually these will last for only 2 days then you have to buy again. Call the shops to check first before going down so as not to make a wasted trip.

Please do not pour the whole packet in bcos it will pollute the water. Pour into a container first then let it settle down. After 30 mins, the live boon will be swimming at the surface of the container whereas the dead ones will be at the bottom, then take an air tube and suck out the live ones into another container. You may top up the water in the container with your fish tank water. Then feed generously to your fries. Pls throw away after two days bcos it will be foul smelling, then time to buy a new packet and start the process again. Once you see your fries with big orange bellies, then you know your fries have eaten the boon.

Feed boon for about 10 to 15 days then you may proceed to finely cut tubifex worms after that. Voila!!!...your angel fries will grow super super fast.
wildaltum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:32 AM   #19
bradshad

Nice pair with many fries
bradshad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:37 PM   #20
Brichardi
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannes View Post
Looking good ah the fries and nice clear pictures...
Hahaha
haha many thanks Jo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
nice angels you have there!
and you have good and fertile parents!!

Thanks bud. Yes they're super fertile......If I remove the eggs after spawning, they will spawn again in 11 days time (+/- 1 day). But if I let them take care of fries for abit, they will prolly spawn in 14~20 days time. I will not take out fries and let them spawn again....with fries swimming around the eggs so can take pic and share with you all......soon....in another few days time imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildaltum View Post
Boon is also known as daphnia or water fleas. It is fresh water. There are shops selling like wat bro brichardi says. One packet only 1 dollar. But usually these will last for only 2 days then you have to buy again. Call the shops to check first before going down so as not to make a wasted trip.

Please do not pour the whole packet in bcos it will pollute the water. Pour into a container first then let it settle down. After 30 mins, the live boon will be swimming at the surface of the container whereas the dead ones will be at the bottom, then take an air tube and suck out the live ones into another container. You may top up the water in the container with your fish tank water. Then feed generously to your fries. Pls throw away after two days bcos it will be foul smelling, then time to buy a new packet and start the process again. Once you see your fries with big orange bellies, then you know your fries have eaten the boon.

Feed boon for about 10 to 15 days then you may proceed to finely cut tubifex worms after that. Voila!!!...your angel fries will grow super super fast.
True. But I used the dead ones to feed bigger fries and the live ones new fries. ....as not enough usually....hence I collect my Boon every Monday/Wednesday/Friday (pre-order) without fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradshad View Post
Nice pair with many fries
Thanks bud.