Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Product Reviews

Old 29-01-2006, 10:43 AM   #11
tony9193

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtxtreme
Im using CORALIFE Salt, Scientific Grade Marine Salt.
Is it the same salt as you guys discussing?
My water seem chalky, even i leave it for days without disturbing the water but still look chalky.

May I know how can I solve this problem?
I see people's marine tank look so clear but mine look so chalky?

Is it because of the salt I use? or there are more chemical to add in to make the water look clear?

I had put the right amount of salt according to the package and the meter.

Thank for your help.
One possibility is that you added water to the salt. That is to say, you put the salt into the bucket and then add water. I use to do it this way and usually it becomes cloudy/chalky. However, it normally clears up in about 24-48 hours. Note - This mix is still in the bucket, I did not add this cloudy mix into the tank.

Anyway, advice given from the more experience guys are to add salt to the water, i.e. fill the bucket with water and then add the salt. I'm now using this method and no more worries about cloudy water!

I guess the logic of doing it this way is to slowly bring the concentration up so that the calcium does not percipitate out of the solution. In the older way (add water to salt), we are starting with a high concentration (a lot of salt with little water) and brining it down with the addition of more water.

Hope that makes sense.
Old 29-01-2006, 07:10 PM   #12
dirtxtreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony9193
One possibility is that you added water to the salt. That is to say, you put the salt into the bucket and then add water. I use to do it this way and usually it becomes cloudy/chalky. However, it normally clears up in about 24-48 hours. Note - This mix is still in the bucket, I did not add this cloudy mix into the tank.

Anyway, advice given from the more experience guys are to add salt to the water, i.e. fill the bucket with water and then add the salt. I'm now using this method and no more worries about cloudy water!

I guess the logic of doing it this way is to slowly bring the concentration up so that the calcium does not percipitate out of the solution. In the older way (add water to salt), we are starting with a high concentration (a lot of salt with little water) and brining it down with the addition of more water.

Hope that makes sense.
actually i add salt to water n i leave it for 48hrs, it gets beta but still cloudy.. i din put and filter in yet, which means onli water n salt tts all.. if i put in the filter will it be beta?
1 of the uncle told mi to buy coral chips n sea sand frm him, he say is a muz for marine fish.. but i keepin grouper so dunoe the coral chips is it a must? n how coral chips n sae sand help in marine water?
Old 02-02-2006, 12:11 PM   #13
devilfire

Quote:
actually i add salt to water n i leave it for 48hrs, it gets beta but still cloudy.. i din put and filter in yet, which means onli water n salt tts all.. if i put in the filter will it be beta??
it will clear soon. 1 way 2 clear would b 2 add power head 2 increase circulation.

Quote:
1 of the uncle told mi to buy coral chips n sea sand frm him, he say is a muz for marine fish.. but i keepin grouper so dunoe the coral chips is it a must? n how coral chips n sae sand help in marine water?
he's bullshitting u. they r not a must but it will depends on ur approach towards ur setup, tat is, if u going 4 a DSB, sand is of cos a must.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:39 PM   #14
sherman

How come guest can reply in the thread also????
Old 19-04-2007, 08:09 PM   #15
goodbargain

using this salt for 2 years, T-shirt collector
goodbargain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 02:29 AM   #16
aqua doctor

I use this salt as well with no problems.

Was interesting too see that the Ca tested at 510.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:42 PM   #17
chillie
Arofanatic

same here for the past 4years so far so good .cheap n good n also collected many t shirts too
chillie is offline   Reply With Quote