Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Closed Thread

Old 25-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #11
Epiphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Mania View Post
No, but it is ROCK SEA SALT not sure if there is a difference bro..but my fronts are behaving a little more lively..hee, hee
icic...I am using the Marine salt from Red Sea...they are very fine and easier to let it dissolve in the water. FYI, 328 is selling by-the-tub (25KG) at $78

Old 25-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #12
Betta Mania

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiphone View Post
icic...I am using the Marine salt from Red Sea...they are very fine and easier to let it dissolve in the water. FYI, 328 is selling by-the-tub (25KG) at $78
Bro...not to appear stingy, dun yew think salt is still salt? Sorry I believein "organic" natural sea salt - please no offence here yah..and it is slightly cheaper.

Old 25-08-2010, 03:57 PM   #13
Epiphone

Quote:
Bro...not to appear stingy, dun yew think salt is still salt? Sorry I believein "organic" natural sea salt - please no offence here yah..and it is slightly cheaper.
try try lor....using the same salt for my aro tank also

Old 25-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #14
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
yes bro salt is salt.but, there are alot of different kinds of salt (: and e marine salt that epiphone has mentioned is actually alot more beneficial to the fishes due to it's high concentration of mineral traces. as you have seen for yourself the addition of some salt would help your fish, i believe if your try adding the marine salt, or if you want a cheaper alternative, epson salt. you will see your fronts change and look better
Old 25-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #15
Epiphone

Haha...I am no salt expert...I have tried different kinds of salt and also dun bother to put any salt...the use of marine salt was shared to me by one of the bros here whom I acquire some of the fronts from... I have to admit, there is a difference in the fish colour and activeness...also to pay $3.21 per kg of marine salt is more than normal salt, but IMHO, after spending so much on the fishes and tank, the salt is the least Guess if u get the tub of marine salt, the pinch is spread across

Old 26-08-2010, 12:56 AM   #16
Betta Mania

Cool

Quote:
Haha...I am no salt expert...I have tried different kinds of salt and also dun bother to put any salt...the use of marine salt was shared to me by one of the bros here whom I acquire some of the fronts from... I have to admit, there is a difference in the fish colour and activeness...also to pay $3.21 per kg of marine salt is more than normal salt, but IMHO, after spending so much on the fishes and tank, the salt is the least Guess if u get the tub of marine salt, the pinch is spread across
Ha! ha! ha!....you are so right bro..guess us old folks are penny wise but can be pound foolish. Takes a wiser and faster and sharper young mind to consider such things. It is so much like someone spending hundreds and thousands of dollars on a Maserati or Lamboghini and then stingiong on the car park fees...hee hee hee............. Hiayah no wonder they say the future belong to the younger generation!

Last edited by Betta Mania; 26-08-2010 at 12:57 AM.

Old 26-08-2010, 01:01 AM   #17
Betta Mania

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
yes bro salt is salt.but, there are alot of different kinds of salt (: and e marine salt that epiphone has mentioned is actually alot more beneficial to the fishes due to it's high concentration of mineral traces. as you have seen for yourself the addition of some salt would help your fish, i believe if your try adding the marine salt, or if you want a cheaper alternative, epson salt. you will see your fronts change and look better
thanks bro, learnt that from bro frontosa when i took over his collection of fronts. Also was told that some bicarbonate of soda goes a long way too keepin our great fronts to being happy...

Oh before I forget...FYI if you don't already know, there are two websites for frontosas for your perusal and interest:

Cyphos.com and frontosa.com both of which I have registered as a member.

Last edited by Betta Mania; 26-08-2010 at 01:08 AM. Reason: added details

Old 26-08-2010, 01:21 AM   #18
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
thanks bro, learnt that from bro frontosa when i took over his collection of fronts. Also was told that some bicarbonate of soda goes a long way too keepin our great fronts to being happy...

Oh before I forget...FYI if you don't already know, there are two websites for frontosas for your perusal and interest:

Cyphos.com and frontosa.com both of which I have registered as a member.
bicarb soda is used to increase pH, whereas e salt we add is to add the mineral content and also the hardness of the water.with an increase in hardness comes stability in pH but also increases the deadly effects of nitrates due to high pH.
thanks for e recommendation (: already joined cyphos long ago, learnt alot from that website too (: but the thing to note is, not everything done by them can be copied, you got to see what they do, compare with local context and apply accordingly.. most deadly application is their use of heaters sometimes (:
Old 26-08-2010, 01:35 AM   #19
Epiphone

Quote:
Ha! ha! ha!....you are so right bro..guess us old folks are penny wise but can be pound foolish. Takes a wiser and faster and sharper young mind to consider such things. It is so much like someone spending hundreds and thousands of dollars on a Maserati or Lamboghini and then stingiong on the car park fees...hee hee hee............. Hiayah no wonder they say the future belong to the younger generation!

err...I not that young lah...hehe

Old 26-08-2010, 02:11 AM   #20
Betta Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
bicarb soda is used to increase pH, whereas e salt we add is to add the mineral content and also the hardness of the water.with an increase in hardness comes stability in pH but also increases the deadly effects of nitrates due to high pH.
thanks for e recommendation (: already joined cyphos long ago, learnt alot from that website too (: but the thing to note is, not everything done by them can be copied, you got to see what they do, compare with local context and apply accordingly.. most deadly application is their use of heaters sometimes (:
Agreed! Thus we must Adopt Adapt then Apply.and be a student of change NOT a follower of change or thingssssssssss

Quote:
err...I not that young lah...hehe
Bro compared to me you will be considered young - I am in my sixties ! What about you bro?....hee hee!!!

Closed Thread