Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 13-08-2009, 11:52 AM   #591
bUrPz
Senior Dragon

New bungalow for my marbled....

Juwel Rekord 600 with built in filtration

Filter media:
  • 2" Foam at the bottom + ~4" Black Quartz with Magic Soil
  • Loads of Coral Chips
  • ~2kg Biohome Plus (Inside & Outside Filter)

bUrPz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2009, 11:57 AM   #592
bUrPz
Senior Dragon

The marbled's old 3-room flat now houses my new CPOs...

Old 13-08-2009, 12:13 PM   #593
ranmaru1987
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUrPz View Post
New bungalow for my marbled....

Juwel Rekord 600 with built in filtration

Filter media:
  • 2" Foam at the bottom + ~4" Black Quartz with Magic Soil
  • Loads of Coral Chips
  • ~2kg Biohome Plus (Inside & Outside Filter)

Awesome setup.. Bro.. Can i ask the biohome plus in the tank and the sponge at the bottom for wat?
ranmaru1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #594
bUrPz
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranmaru1987 View Post
Awesome setup.. Bro.. Can i ask the biohome plus in the tank and the sponge at the bottom for wat?
Biohome plus in tank? Cos I got too much from my previous setups... just throw in for more BB to be cultivated lor...

Sponge at bottom is to attempt to cultivate anaerobic bacteria...
Old 13-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #595
ranmaru1987
Dragon

would it be alright if i do not use gravel but i use crushed coral chips totally for the base of my new tank? Around maybe 1 inch thick.. Will it be harmful for the crays?
Old 13-08-2009, 01:20 PM   #596
bUrPz
Senior Dragon

Quote:
would it be alright if i do not use gravel but i use crushed coral chips totally for the base of my new tank? Around maybe 1 inch thick.. Will it be harmful for the crays?
Think should be ok... anyone else can advice? But the dirt and grime would prolly be unsightly as the coral chips can't camo the "shit"...
Old 13-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #597
ranmaru1987
Dragon

Quote:
Think should be ok... anyone else can advice? But the dirt and grime would prolly be unsightly as the coral chips can't camo the "shit"...
Haha.. Its ok.. Cos i do vacs de.. Wah.. i just went to c328 the xmas tree crayfish really stunning sia.. I've decided le.. My 1ft tank gonna be for CPO!! 1male 2female.. Just nice hor.. The size.. Hope they can breed many many.. Bro. Ur cpo tank got how many cpo? And wat gender? And hor.. Cpo can eat those normal pellets? Like hikari.. Or must crush them?
Old 13-08-2009, 03:11 PM   #598
bUrPz
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Haha.. Its ok.. Cos i do vacs de.. Wah.. i just went to c328 the xmas tree crayfish really stunning sia.. I've decided le.. My 1ft tank gonna be for CPO!! 1male 2female.. Just nice hor.. The size.. Hope they can breed many many.. Bro. Ur cpo tank got how many cpo? And wat gender? And hor.. Cpo can eat those normal pellets? Like hikari.. Or must crush them?
i got 5..unknown gender.. shop too dark to see properly.. aunty dunno how to choose... so just grabbed 5 with all limbs intact lor.... feeding them the same stuff as the marbled... crab cuisine.. sometime some frozen mysis... but dun see them eating much.. they seem to prefer the moss leftovers...
Old 13-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #599
chequil

Quote:
whoa really? is the christmas crayfish a mini crayfish also? or normal sized one?
Old 13-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #600
chequil

Quote:
i got 5..unknown gender.. shop too dark to see properly.. aunty dunno how to choose... so just grabbed 5 with all limbs intact lor.... feeding them the same stuff as the marbled... crab cuisine.. sometime some frozen mysis... but dun see them eating much.. they seem to prefer the moss leftovers...
CPOs are peaceful little critters that will leave your plants alone unlike normal crayfishes. =) good luck in keeping them. they breed readily too