Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 14-09-2009, 09:22 PM   #21
SawXRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay View Post
Tot I just heard fr local importers tat BD prices in Brazil had actually shot up higher cos of quota issues Well anyway, nice fishes no matter rays or aros will still not come cheap lah. Many always tot they buy cheap, gd catch, but most are 2nd or 3rd class fish lah.

Only bro Shadow are willing to go for the BEST ya
As what i haerd from my provider say is true, the quota price is getting higher & higher cos left a few quota, BTW brother shadow U have a very nice BDs !

p/s : ( I am not trying to boost up my sale cos i decide not to sell all my rays & keep it for breeding project ! )
Old 14-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #22
Shadow7
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay View Post
Tot I just heard fr local importers tat BD prices in Brazil had actually shot up higher cos of quota issues Well anyway, nice fishes no matter rays or aros will still not come cheap lah. Many always tot they buy cheap, gd catch, but most are 2nd or 3rd class fish lah.

Only bro Shadow are willing to go for the BEST ya...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxie View Post
There goes my dream of owning a pair of bds... How I wish I can borrow bro Shadow7's cash printing machine...
Don't disturb me lah where got $ printing machines
All sweat $ hor...anyway i was thinking if i were already paying well over 10k why not i spend ano 1 or 2k and get the best on offer instead of settling on 2nd class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SawXRay View Post
As what i haerd from my provider say is true, the quota price is getting higher & higher cos left a few quota, BTW brother shadow U have a very nice BDs !

p/s : ( I am not trying to boost up my sale cos i decide not to sell all my rays & keep it for breeding project ! )
Tks bro SawXRay for ur kind words...good luck on ur breeding programme hope to hear good news from u very soon.
Shadow7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #23
RELAX
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow7 View Post
Do they really cost $30k then

What are the charactertistics of a true Black Diamonds ?
actually not necessary must be BD,any ray(be it pure or designer ray or nature freak) that hv unusual or outstanding pattern marking, will once in a while breach that value.
RELAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2009, 11:30 PM   #24
Shadow7
Senior Dragon

Like those albino leos
Shadow7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2009, 11:59 PM   #25
RELAX
Dragon

Quote:
Like those albino leos
my dream ray
RELAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 12:12 AM   #26
mrnyunus
Dragon

Thumbs up

Hey bro's where or how u guys come to noe abt import bans or lifting of bans.....if there's a link i wanna to do some reading....
Nice BD's btw shadow7
mrnyunus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 01:19 AM   #27
gold ocean aqua
Arofanatic

quota will never stop for this year but the amount of diamonds export will be pull down to prolly 30%, we importers does not know even if the ban will be lock up once again next year.
gold ocean aqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 01:38 AM   #28
genki
Dragon

Back in May 08 a pair of 6-7" CB BD pups ran about 20-30k or more in Taiwan. Cannot imagine for adults. Prices have soften since Ibama lifted the stingray ban with limitations & quotas for different species. Before the last ban, was told a nice spotted Leo ard 6-7" in S'pore was ard the $400/500 region & you can choose any you like regardless for males or females. Very nice ones with BD markings went for $700 to 1k. Last year, a pair of 6" with decent spotting ran 6k or more. Individual sale of female usually cost 30-50% more than the male.

There is still a difference in price for WC & CB BDs till date. There are more WC BD hobbyists than b4 cos of affordability & availability. Many examples of beautiful WC specimen much nicer than CB ones can be seen online & locally also. A BD in your eyes might be worth X-amount of dollars but might be double, triple or more in the eyes of another beholder. And very so often, it's the way exporters over there do their business inorder to make more $ by selling it to the highest buyer. It's a funny number game played by the Brazilian exporters year in & out & for sure, a gold mine for the them for the last 9 months or so. With the nos of adult BDs released into the market, it's just a matter of time before these start breeding & CB BD pups from WC parents become available & I would not be surprised that some have already done so in Europe or Asia. The cause & effect for hybrid rays in the local scene is a good example.

IF the BAN was to come in-place in the near future, prices for rays will go up a notch or so but never to what it was before & it will probably take a couple of years for that to happen. God knows...........maybe the next IN thing might be Hystrix rays........Wahahaha!

Just my 2 cents.

Cava........this is somewhat your theory sibo? Sell me your Leos at 1k each swee bo? I come over collect now!
genki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 01:40 AM   #29
lincolngoh

Quote:
Like those albino leos
People have offered much more than 30K for the albino leo... they are probably under not for sale category.
Old 15-09-2009, 01:57 AM   #30
azon
Senior Dragon

albino pearl pup is costing one million baht each so it work out to be about SGD43000.00
azon is offline   Reply With Quote