Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 24-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #11
whale88
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolngoh View Post
You can try blood worms and add in more torsat. Do not train pups until they are healthy and eating for a long time or you risk losing them.

Give them what they want to eat.
Thanks for the advice, will try blood worms. Doesn't seem to be able to catch the torsats as they're swimming near top of tank. Somehow this pup likes to chew on Hikari sinking pellets.
whale88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 02:41 PM   #12
alf88
Dragon

Funny thing about ray pups are they can accept MP in 1 tank doesn't mean they will in yours, this is what i did,

Initially when in the new environment, temp them with ghost shrimp and small catfish aka Torsat, let them have their fill each day until they are use to the new environment, subsequently give them bits and pieces of MP together with the above mentioned, once they start chewing and accepting the MP, u can slowly do away with the GS and Torsat

Try not to starve young Pups to the diet u want them to take as they need the initial nourishment to build up their system.
alf88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 05:56 PM   #13
whale88
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alf88 View Post
Funny thing about ray pups are they can accept MP in 1 tank doesn't mean they will in yours, this is what i did,

Initially when in the new environment, temp them with ghost shrimp and small catfish aka Torsat, let them have their fill each day until they are use to the new environment, subsequently give them bits and pieces of MP together with the above mentioned, once they start chewing and accepting the MP, u can slowly do away with the GS and Torsat

Try not to starve young Pups to the diet u want them to take as they need the initial nourishment to build up their system.
I'm dumping everything i.e. ghost shrimps, torsats, mp and hikari pellets in the tank currently. Pup only interested in pellets now
Old 24-06-2009, 07:03 PM   #14
torres

Quote:
Originally Posted by whale88 View Post
I'm dumping everything i.e. ghost shrimps, torsats, mp and hikari pellets in the tank currently. Pup only interested in pellets now
That good news for you too... maybe you can encourage your pup to eat pellets right now and give MP occasionally, enjoy your new pup Brother!
Old 25-06-2009, 12:35 AM   #15
Redknight
Arofanatic

i think torsat a.k.a. baby catfishes are good to train baby rays for "hunting" for foods..
Redknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2009, 04:38 PM   #16
whale88
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by torres View Post
That good news for you too... maybe you can encourage your pup to eat pellets right now and give MP occasionally, enjoy your new pup Brother!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redknight View Post
i think torsat a.k.a. baby catfishes are good to train baby rays for "hunting" for foods..
Thanks for the advice! Pup still munching pellets now. I had 8 torsats in the tank yesterday, all gone this morning. Not sure if the aro or bichir or pup took them.
Old 25-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #17
whale88
Dragon

Default Update on SP pup

An update on this small fella. Primary diet is Hikari sinking pellets and torsat. Now used to surroundings and happy with friends around.

Old 25-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #18
titan power
Endangered Dragon

nice ray , let her settle down then she will b feeding
titan power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #19
lincolngoh

The third shot from below is gorgeous.
Old 25-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #20
Bryan
Dragon