Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Guppy Forum

Old 26-07-2011, 11:30 PM   #11
leezhengxi

in my opinion, the caudal is not big enough, and the dorsal are normal. nothing extraordinary .
leezhengxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 11:39 PM   #12
Aris
Arofanatic

Thanks for the advice. I will see what can be done for the next generation.
Aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #13
digichris
Dragon

nice moscow... looks quite good. a zoom in and clearer picture would make justice for your fishes. any female to share?

enjoy guppying... cheers...
digichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 09:55 AM   #14
Edward Cheah

Aris, thanks for the reply. do you think part of the reason (for slow growth) is because i put 33 fries into a 1ft tank and no filtration ?
Edward Cheah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #15
cartoon
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Cheah View Post
Aris, thanks for the reply. do you think part of the reason (for slow growth) is because i put 33 fries into a 1ft tank and no filtration ?
Bro,
Food with high protein will make them grow fast as which bro Aris had mention. Tank size will affect too, thus need to upsize when they grow up or reduce the population per tank. With filtration, it helps to maintain better water condition for their growth, except u can maintain it w/o filter. As some bro here w/o filtration n the fish grow quite well with constant siphon waste n topup aged water. N wc once a week to maintain the water condition in tip top condition. It can b done but must b hardworking.

Last edited by cartoon; 27-07-2011 at 10:57 AM.
cartoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 11:03 AM   #16
Aris
Arofanatic

Quote:
You ought to put at least a sponge bubble filter for the size of tank and 33 fries to aerate the water and provide enough oxygen. Do you do wc too? Feeding regime should be 3 times a day for fries without overfeeding them. Good clean water is a must to have healthy and fast growing fries.

My 120 fries grew up in a 2 feet tank with undergravel filter, a sponge filter and an internal air bio-filter. There are a few corys and some banjo cats in the aquarium to help clean up the bottom.
Old 27-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #17
Aris
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by digichris View Post
nice moscow... looks quite good. a zoom in and clearer picture would make justice for your fishes. any female to share?

enjoy guppying... cheers...
Thanks for your comment Chris. Yes I will try and put my best pick with a female and post it here later. Those in the videos are not the best of the lot.
Old 27-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #18
dadahkun
Arofanatic

nice guppie bro. congrats
dadahkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #19
Edward Cheah

I do WC change prob 2 or 3 times a week. I will put in the sponge filter tonite but abit worried that the current will be too strong for the (still small) fries.
Edward Cheah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #20
Aris
Arofanatic

Quote:
I do WC change prob 2 or 3 times a week. I will put in the sponge filter tonite but abit worried that the current will be too strong for the (still small) fries.
I put a valve on the air line so to regulate the air pressure. Air bubbles break up the surface of the water and allow for more oxygen exchange. The water current it generates is tiny and will not affect the fries after their first week of life.