Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Guppy Forum

Old 16-08-2008, 11:04 PM   #1
kuants

Default Suggestion on how to maintain hybrid endler?

WARNING: Graphic-intensive, may take a while to load

I recently bred out a tiger-redchested? hybrid which I think looks not bad. Please refer to picture (2). The male parent is a typical tiger endler who is now dead so no pictures. while here's an example of the strain the female parent belong to, is redchested a suitable name?:

Picture (1), redchested strain?

And the following is the product of the breeding:

Picture (2)
Please comment. I feel that its quite nice with its significantly more pinkish-red patches(probably from the redchested? heritage) than the average tiger. Even the lower portion of its caudal is pink. But now I thinking of what to breed it with to maintain the trait, eg half pink caudal, more pinkish patches. Experts got suggestion? however one problem is I may be mistaken by saying its a hybrid, because my tank might be previously mixed with tiger females as well without me noticing. So this might still be a pure tiger endler. Please enlighten me if I'm wrong with its hybrid-strain status!

There's only one which look like the one in Picture (2), while the rest looked more like its redchested? parents with a few spots here and there(from the tiger heritage). One example:

Picture (3)
This one with spots on its caudal. A bit flowery pattern, looks a bit nice. Please comment too.
Old 16-08-2008, 11:21 PM   #2
Mark Tan

Hi, your second picture looks like a snake endler to me, I had this strain for quite some time and is already breed true. If you need the female, let me know, I can give it to you.
best regards
Mark Tan
Old 16-08-2008, 11:41 PM   #3
kuants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Tan View Post
Hi, your second picture looks like a snake endler to me, I had this strain for quite some time and is already breed true. If you need the female, let me know, I can give it to you.
best regards
Mark Tan
ok thanks for the clarification, this means that I possibly have a female tiger endler still in my mix. Now I have to fish it out. I tot my tiger got a bit more pink than usual that's y its hybrid.

From my experiment of crossing the redchested? strain and tiger strain, I think I can see the dominant trait is the redness. is this correct conclusion?

Mind if u share some of ur male tiger endler pics?
Old 17-08-2008, 10:47 AM   #4
Mark Tan

Tiger endler should be yellow base body with black vertical stripe. I still maintaining the tiger and snake line, l am staying in the east side, let me know if you are coming.
Best regards
Old 17-08-2008, 11:35 AM   #5
Lawrence Loh
Dragon

nice nice endler, bro
Lawrence Loh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 02:12 PM   #6
kuants

Thanks mark tan again for clarification of my strain of snake instead of tiger.

For bros interested to look at my pictures of my chapalang endlers can go here, I created a slide show to save time loading pictures one by one.

There are a total of 4 different chapalang endlers among the photos.

http://www.slide.com/r/MFX5pWbmxj-LK...&view=original

Appreciate any comments or advise on which one can continue to use for further breeding.

Note:can press + to speed up the slide show.
Old 17-08-2008, 10:50 PM   #7
cartoon
Dragon

Smile

Nice! great job!
cartoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 09:26 PM   #8
nefish
Dragon

tiger-redchested nice nice,i prefer 2nd pic to maintain. Hmmm maybe can have more red at the tail(double sword?).
nefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 10:49 PM   #9
kuants

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefish View Post
tiger-redchested nice nice,i prefer 2nd pic to maintain. Hmmm maybe can have more red at the tail(double sword?).
2nd pic meaning the snake endler right? or u refer to the last one half redchested half snake.

because Mark bro here clarified the tiger i mentioned is actually snake. so now a bit confused which one u referring to haha.

Last edited by kuants; 18-08-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old 19-08-2008, 12:06 AM   #10
sweetlips200278

Did you mange to have pure offspring for center red stripe(redchested)? i would say a hybrid snake on the 2nd pic, nice shot! The double sword is thick, good job!