Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum > Showcase & Updates

Old 02-09-2009, 10:58 AM   #31
^GeNoME^
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolngoh View Post
For PDR SP the goal is different from pure bred rays.... then what happens when your 'F0' is bred to pure Leopoldi again? F-1?
yup.. f0 again.. cos it is a totally different line.. since u guys are using some genetic terms to name the filial generation.. so i tot shld adhere to the condition set by geneticist too..
if it is within the linage.. f1 f2etc can be used to name the filial generation.. just like arowanas..
^GeNoME^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:00 AM   #32
gko
Dragon

Quote:
Same batch as mine?
I dunno bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshy View Post
gary... i dunno wat to say liaos! PDR Sp blood runs strong in you!
haha..i PDR SP siao liao...no $$ buy BD mah..so play PDR SP lor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay View Post
Carefully look at the tail, a perfect PDR tail. F2 technically 75% PDR blood, thus attaining a nice tail and colour tone. Thus, when pple trying to sell u F2 PDR SP, u guys shld know wat to look for liao. Cant imagine the power of F3
yup i buy bcoz of that too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by weixiang80 View Post
buay tahan.........

*endure* endure*

haha...buy arh...
gko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:06 AM   #33
cher boon
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by weixiang80 View Post
buay tahan.........

*endure* endure*

Don't endure, get the loban and buy la...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^GeNoME^ View Post
wat is f2? u mean PDR sp mix back with PDR? tat shld be f0 generation wat..
pdr sp x pdr sp of the same parentage den shld be f2 and so on..
anyway.. nice pup! can pm me ur lobang?
Wah! bro you still not enough?? still want to get some more
cher boon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #34
gko
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyfishy View Post
bro, can share wat's the damage? Can help me see my filteration need any upgrade for rays later?
ok bro..see you later.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:13 AM   #35
Tay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyfishy View Post
bro, can share wat's the damage? Can help me see my filteration need any upgrade for rays later?
Bro how r u? Bro lincoln can definitely help u on this lah, he is quite gd at water mgmt.
Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:16 AM   #36
lincolngoh

Quote:
yup.. f0 again.. cos it is a totally different line.. since u guys are using some genetic terms to name the filial generation.. so i tot shld adhere to the condition set by geneticist too..
if it is within the linage.. f1 f2etc can be used to name the filial generation.. just like arowanas..
So by the time it's mixed 10-20 times, wouldn't the name be too long? A number would probably be easier.

So far they have not been able to differentiate many of the different ray types and genetically different enough to be classified different. It's currently based quite unscientifically on looks.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:22 AM   #37
^GeNoME^
Dragon

Quote:
So by the time it's mixed 10-20 times, wouldn't the name be too long? A number would probably be easier.

So far they have not been able to differentiate many of the different ray types and genetically different enough to be classified different. It's currently based quite unscientifically on looks.
not sure if they are genetically different enough but i am sure if some institution is delicated enough.. they shld be able to find unqiue markers for each species.. but wat i am stating here is tat the naming terms tat we are using now will confuse scientific pple or pple tat had been breeding fishes using that naming system.. as it doesn't follow the general naming order and instead.. it follows our own definition.. maybe rays seniors here can come up with a new order of naming rays..
^GeNoME^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:29 AM   #38
lincolngoh

Quote:
not sure if they are genetically different enough but i am sure if some institution is delicated enough.. they shld be able to find unqiue markers for each species.. but wat i am stating here is tat the naming terms tat we are using now will confuse scientific pple or pple tat had been breeding fishes using that naming system.. as it doesn't follow the general naming order and instead.. it follows our own definition.. maybe rays seniors here can come up with a new order of naming rays..
Probably putting a number behind without the F, would help to determine the number of times the SP has been crossed back with PDR?

PDR(2)SP or PDR(2)Pearl(1) if the other parent is known...2 parts PDR, 1 part pearl?
Old 02-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #39
Tay
Dragon

BTW, just for info, those F2, F3 Leo peral in Thai, that top breeder will not call them F2 or 3 , but named them THE WHITE KNIGHT
Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:48 AM   #40
gko
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay View Post
BTW, just for info, those F2, F3 Leo peral in Thai, that top breeder will not call them F2 or 3 , but named them THE WHITE KNIGHT
wow nice name...shld u name your f2 as PDR SP oyster?