Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 06-01-2010, 05:36 PM   #31
sgbetta
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku View Post
Good for you!! I believe 1 of the reasons they are down and about is the number of members which decline year after year. I was once a member too, but after seeing not much activities after a number of years, i also dropped out from there.

It is not easy to organise such show as location is a problem and most who entered the competition are dealers and "big" players, hobbyist account for a very small fraction of the group.

I also entered a small showa(15bu) for the coming show for fun. I know I will not win as it will lose out in terms of size, but that is the fun of the whole thing.
is sure not easy to organise a show.... Anyway good luck for the show too
sgbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:36 PM   #32
melvvvv

guys: if you are going be there on saturday, i wuld love to me all of you : nutx/sgbetta/ kohaku.

its weird to be talking to you guys for weeks but dont know how you look like. PM me your mobile so that i can call you guys when i reach there.

terence: will you be going? i am only about 10min away so can be there around 11-12pm.

melvin
9789 9848
Old 06-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #33
sgbetta
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvvvv View Post
guys: if you are going be there on saturday, i wuld love to me all of you : nutx/sgbetta/ kohaku.

its weird to be talking to you guys for weeks but dont know how you look like. PM me your mobile so that i can call you guys when i reach there.

terence: will you be going? i am only about 10min away so can be there around 11-12pm.

melvin
9789 9848
I should be there bro my nos is 90018887 (Albert)
Old 06-01-2010, 06:00 PM   #34
terence28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbetta View Post
Dun tink got enuff time to prepare.......
just stop feeding today shld b ok, what else u want to prepare???

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvvvv View Post
I shld be going after lunch... depends on my son.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:20 PM   #35
sgbetta
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence28 View Post
just stop feeding today shld b ok, what else u want to prepare???
i stop feeding 2 days liao...
Old 06-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #36
terence28

Quote:
i stop feeding 2 days liao...
then what else u need to prepare?
Old 06-01-2010, 06:48 PM   #37
TRIX
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Ya lor hjuz enjoy the hobby like wat u say.... So how where is the pic of ur 4 legged u suppose to mms me!!!
Oh...my family still can't bear to part with it...haha...
TRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:19 PM   #38
Alex CHew

Quote:
Originally Posted by pykoh View Post
This, you need to ask the club loh.

I cannot comprehend at all. All clubs that I know will send out timely notifications to their members (even general public) about their coming activities. Isn't this the benefit of joining a club and be able to take part/learn from it's activities?

How come in their case, only the dealers know about the Young Koi Show?
Heard from 1 of the dealer that the club were trying to get judges from Japan, so couldn't confirm the event early. However, due to lack of fund...all the judges now will be local. And the Head judge will be the Chairman himself.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:21 PM   #39
goldfish&koi
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex CHew View Post
Heard from 1 of the dealer that the club were trying to get judges from Japan, so couldn't confirm the event early. However, due to lack of fund...all the judges now will be local. And the Head judge will be the Chairman himself.
thanx for the great infomation
goldfish&koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #40
nutx
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku View Post
Good for you!! I believe 1 of the reasons they are down and about is the number of members which decline year after year. I was once a member too, but after seeing not much activities after a number of years, i also dropped out from there.

It is not easy to organise such show as location is a problem and most who entered the competition are dealers and "big" players, hobbyist account for a very small fraction of the group.

I also entered a small showa(15bu) for the coming show for fun. I know I will not win as it will lose out in terms of size, but that is the fun of the whole thing.
Bro...the no of entries actually increases over last 2-3 years, but due to come reasons, hobbyists start to pull out of show.
Not bec of not winning, or not any to compete with Big Player, etc...everyone is sporting, not so much on win or lose.... but ...........

many hobbyists joined the show thru Dealer name, bec we are not member of koi club, so cannot participate.
nutx is offline   Reply With Quote