Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 17-07-2015, 01:37 PM   #61
RELAX
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow7 View Post
Have recently converted their diet to kunning but my rays always chew up the fish head and then spit it out leaving a mess behind
very very normal bro
everytime we change diet,all fishes including aro,monsterfishes will take certain time of trying before they are accustomed to new food

when most of my ray friends started to convert to kunning because much cheaper,in fact I resisted,because my rays big or small,all behave the same as yours,i cannot bare to see them starve
but when mp price keep going up,i gave up and force myself to change to kunning

grad the no ray die during the conversion period
RELAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2015, 02:17 PM   #62
Tay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RELAX View Post
scare the shit out of me,........ pianzzzzz
I doing all the opposite,feed once per day till full and only one single food.
force me to seek advise from more ppl then realize I am a fool
If it works for u, single food gd healthy rays, healthy pups then continue la, no issue with that well done bro.

Anyway, what is healthy, definition of healthy is v diff with diff pple la.
Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2015, 02:29 PM   #63
RAW
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay View Post
If u hv been feeding 1 type of food all along, rays will not readily accept new food. U need to train them. However, gd water quality is the key for gd appetite .
Will try as now only mp n sotong good enough?
RAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2015, 02:40 PM   #64
shermie
Senior Dragon

Think with almost all fish best way to pump is small but more frequent portions.3-5 times a day is good... but in reality with work how to feed 3 to 5 x. So I only feed twice a day.. but even that sometimes screw up.. eg if I come home late I feed more but when I feed next day at usual timing be4 work they're not as hungry n eat less.. n as a result after work they wan to eat more again etcetc... endless cycle lol

Last edited by shermie; 17-07-2015 at 02:41 PM.
shermie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2015, 02:40 PM   #65
Tay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAW View Post
Will try as now only mp n sotong good enough?
Bro if u can add in 1 or 2 more food will be gd. Like fish or shell fish. Diff type of fishes do diff wonders...... hope it helps.

Further I need to emphasise that food is only part of keeping a ray healthy. There r Many other factors also.......
Old 17-07-2015, 02:53 PM   #66
shermie
Senior Dragon

Mine take kunning sotong mp mussels n pellets. But they refuse toman fillet and the larger silver fish.. don't even want to try tasting those zzzz... really wan them to take toman n silverfish coz it's less messy than kunning.
Old 17-07-2015, 03:08 PM   #67
Tay
Dragon

I am here just to share my experience, my comments hv no intension to be sarcastic, haolian, pin pt at anyone, or watever. Honestly, after many yrs of breeding rays, I am still learning & cfm not even 70% confident. Those tat wan to be sensitive, nothing much I can do.

Let me share a real life exp regards to one of my BD breeder frd. He had ard 40 to 50 adults BDs. 1st 2,5 yrs, his rays r doing v well & breeding like mad, sound like super healthy Rays right??? However, there is something which I do not agree with him on wat he is doing. But his rays r doing v well, so I just go along.

Unfortunately, after 2.5yrs, he suddenly lost 10 big fm within 2 weeks. We r v sad abt it but nothing much we can do but try to identify wats the issue. Moral of the story is, they may look healthy, behave healthy, but they r not healthy. This is wat I meant abt "wat is a healthy ray"??? I myself also lost rays occasionally, so how??? We learn as we move on and we share our knowledge. If one is super confident in one own method, then pls just continue & we are very willing to learn. However, if those method we had tried & it dont wk, then other wise.

Last edited by Tay; 17-07-2015 at 03:21 PM.
Old 17-07-2015, 03:19 PM   #68
Tay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermie View Post
Mine take kunning sotong mp mussels n pellets. But they refuse toman fillet and the larger silver fish.. don't even want to try tasting those zzzz... really wan them to take toman n silverfish coz it's less messy than kunning.
Raw fish food, their source v impt esp frozen. Do they contain preservatives? even wet mkt MP or fishes, some do hv small amt of preservatives. Rays will not die immediately after eatg them, they will only die after long term consumption. So this period of ard 6 months to a yr, r ur rays healthy? Those that stingy on antichlorine, media, water change and food for rays, my advise is ur rays cfm not healthy even they may look healthy

They r just too delicate and fragile, thats y many quit breeding after few yrs cos no $$ to make, (Exclude those hm breeders that hv few rays as they do not really factor in all the cost involved)
Old 17-07-2015, 03:21 PM   #69
shermie
Senior Dragon

Don't see nyone saying u're sarcastic or hao lian leh what happened?

Nyway did ur friend manage to find out the reason of death? Will b good to kno so we can learm n hopefully avoid.
Old 17-07-2015, 03:26 PM   #70
Tay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow7 View Post
Bro Relax what food are u feeding ur rays ? From my own observations feeding kunning or other cut fish rays will not have enough if only feed once a day as they need to digest the bones slowly whereas feeding deshell mp they can take a full day's meal in a sitting.
I had similar observation also, rays when fed fish with bones, they tends to eat lesser compared to MP cos MP water contend r much higher than fish meat. So to counter this problem, I will feed lesser but more frequently to allow smooth digestion. As such, doing a mix is most ideal. Just my personal opinion ok...............