Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 18-11-2002, 05:54 PM   #21
LASERGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by Xerovix
a bit confused. i assume ah pek's farm is the house where there's losta old fish tanks. before this ah pek(the same entrance), there's another further left with a banner at top of its etrance with some fish tanks plus some concrete ponds behind. and then, after the ah pek's house there seems to be losta of concrete ponds. it looks that there are 3 owners there. so which is which?? all of them sharing the same address as "JK4".

Yes, same address actually housed only two Ah Peks. Those concrete ponds behind are rented out by the inside Ah Pek, to some Mollies Hobbists for breeding their show fishes. Both Ah Peks sell Ranchu, but outside one seems to have better quality than the inside one (who has quantity and thus, cheaper.)
Summer Koi's Ranchu are very ex, already checked them out last year, was 300+ bucks for 2"~3" fishes. Don't know whether really from Japan or not. Can look see look see only.
Old 18-11-2002, 05:59 PM   #22
LASERGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by LASERGUY

Yes, same address actually housed only two Ah Peks. Those concrete ponds behind are rented out by the inside Ah Pek, to some Mollies Hobbists for breeding their show fishes. Both Ah Peks sell Ranchu, but outside one seems to have better quality than the inside one (who has quantity and thus, cheaper.)
Summer Koi's Ranchu are very ex, already checked them out last year, was 300+ bucks for 2"~3" fishes. Don't know whether really from Japan or not. Can look see look see only.
Oh, forgot, Summer Koi is located at the next entrance on the left immediately after the Long Kang. Same entrance also serves two farms, Summer Koi is the one right inside, full of concrete ponds but the last time I checked, Ranchu were kept in the indoor tubs.
Old 18-11-2002, 06:33 PM   #23
Xerovix

did not really explore the place well. i went to the ah pek's house which was nearest to the main entrance. he placed 2 tanks of ranchu near there and i nearly bought two of those 5" orange coloured ranchu! the other tank housing white/red(or white/orange) smaller ranchu about 4" looks good, too.

Quote:
Originally posted by LASERGUY

Old 18-11-2002, 07:04 PM   #24
LASERGUY

Quote:
did not really explore the place well. i went to the ah pek's house which was nearest to the main entrance. he placed 2 tanks of ranchu near there and i nearly bought two of those 5" orange coloured ranchu! the other tank housing white/red(or white/orange) smaller ranchu about 4" looks good, too.

Oh, if you really want to buy, remember to bargain ! Sometime, if you ask, he will give discount depending on his mood.
Old 18-11-2002, 08:12 PM   #25
egstring

went back yesterday trying to choose the $5 ones, but no much to choose from liao.....instead bought 2 Thai black ranchu for $25 each...........
Old 19-11-2002, 12:24 AM   #26
LASERGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by egstring
went back yesterday trying to choose the $5 ones, but no much to choose from liao.....instead bought 2 Thai black ranchu for $25 each...........
Good buy, bro ! Is it That batch of Thai black ranchu was in the blue tub ? They were imported around 2 ~ 3 months ago, due to the LH craze, that ah pek had hard times pushing them. Initial quote was $40, then down to $30 last month, wah! now $25! Imaging this size of Thai black, Rainbow is quoting > $60
Just need to pump them up a little bit, and they will be very nice.
Old 19-11-2002, 07:57 PM   #27
egstring

yeah, rainbow was trying to sell me $60 ea.....
lucky i checked out tat farm.. now looking for red/white ranchu.
Went to Straits, but a bit expensive. Was quoted $120 for their smallest ones.
Old 20-11-2002, 04:26 PM   #28
Xerovix

fyi...

seletar west farmway 4A ah pek selling....
1. small china ranchu about 3" for $5.
2. larger thai ranchu about 4-5" for $30. he has got about 2 5" orange/white ranchu left.
3. black thai ranchu about 3 left for $25 each.

asked him when new stock coming in... he seemed to reluctant to tell me.
Old 20-11-2002, 04:53 PM   #29
Xerovix

where is straits?

Quote:
Originally posted by egstring
yeah, rainbow was trying to sell me $60 ea.....
lucky i checked out tat farm.. now looking for red/white ranchu.
Went to Straits, but a bit expensive. Was quoted $120 for their smallest ones.
Old 20-11-2002, 05:18 PM   #30
LASERGUY

Quote:
where is straits?

Straits Aquarium is the 2nd farm on the left counting from the end of Seletar West Farmway 1.