Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2002, 08:44 AM   #71
Ranchuseed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Eviltuner
Can go down to Sunset Way, Shop name called Swee Seng... They displayed trophies of them winning in goldfish competition.

Most trophies are old. So most things are old method of keeping fish. Cannot bring their experience to teach you. Each time they teach you, we are already ahead of things. Old method don't work. Like what people always say Last time police man wear short pants. Do you still want to wear short pants . Those trophies are nothing.


Recall back who went to the competition. Any hobbist.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 08:58 AM   #72
Ranchuseed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by aw_i


I keeping just normal goldfish at the moment but will add ranchus in the next 2 weeks when I free. Sry I'm a newbie..But wat do u mean by "must understand the breeder"? I believe there's few varieties around so I more interested in knowing the traits of some of them. For e.g a Luohan Jinhua will have the traits of full wrap tails,etc..If not, someone can just come along n tell u its "show grade" BUT wat justify a showgrade standard??? ANd u say the goldies will change its "look" thru the yrs? Is it similar to Luohans whose genes r not stable? I tot these goldies r ard for very long? BTW wats green water? How can we tell a Jap ranchu fr a Thai ranchu??

Appreciate yr answers here.

Can I know the contacts of Alvin n ROn??

Show grade is depends on their swimming. And how to get green water ammonia and sunlight. For this two person's number i not sure. I just heard of it only. Will ask around for you if you want.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 09:10 AM   #73
Ranchuseed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Any body here heard of the fish Tank Fish shop in Tanjong Pagar. Ranchu palace use to supply the fish there mostly all thai fish.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 11:16 AM   #74
dra9on
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Choosing Ranchus

after reading the posts here well as other ranchu sites ..

I machiam like real , choose like a Pro , I viewed them from the top .. for the more ... balanced .. squarish ones and also those which tail are close to it's body ..

but alas !! ... some of those that are nice from the top , are damn koyak when viewed from the side ... knn.. almost none are nice from the top and side view ... only compromise

so , I decided as I am going to keep them in a tank , I might's well get those with a nice side view ... screw the conventional 'show' standard ... and I haven't even looked into the so called show winning swimming style yet (the swimming style is supposed to be .. dunno wat not forceful , elegant .. blah blah blah) , coz I dunno how to

anyway , what the heck , for that kinda price , as long as nice can liao ..

man.. I love their jet black colouration .. and the head ...
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 01:45 PM   #75
goldfishfever
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishMadman



Most trophies are old. So most things are old method of keeping fish. Cannot bring their experience to teach you. Each time they teach you, we are already ahead of things. Old method don't work. Like what people always say Last time police man wear short pants. Do you still want to wear short pants . Those trophies are nothing.


Recall back who went to the competition. Any hobbist.
Can't blame people thinking that we are images. Fortunately, AW_I had alerted the webmaster and verified we are clean.

Anyway when someone gives a valid comment, I can't help but to give my support.

For those who had read one of the threads "Goldfish", I have posed a question to any one who has seen a LFS has really raised a decent goldfish of their own. Many of the goldfish entries in our local competitions were sent by the LFS or farms. The competition goldfish were all direct imports for the pure purpose of competing, win, promote the company and sell the fish at a higher price. In another word, the winner will depends who has bigger bucks to buy more expensive fish for the competition. So you can see what is the significant of all these trophies.

However, the good news is the trend has changed. In the AVA 2000 competition and the Aquarama 2001 competition for example, I have noticed 90% of the winning entries for the goldfish section were private collectors. So why are we waiting for.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 02:05 PM   #76
Ranchuseed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Choosing Ranchus

Quote:
Originally posted by dra9on
after reading the posts here well as other ranchu sites ..

I machiam like real , choose like a Pro , I viewed them from the top .. for the more ... balanced .. squarish ones and also those which tail are close to it's body ..

but alas !! ... some of those that are nice from the top , are damn koyak when viewed from the side ... knn.. almost none are nice from the top and side view ... only compromise

so , I decided as I am going to keep them in a tank , I might's well get those with a nice side view ... screw the conventional 'show' standard ... and I haven't even looked into the so called show winning swimming style yet (the swimming style is supposed to be .. dunno wat not forceful , elegant .. blah blah blah) , coz I dunno how to

anyway , what the heck , for that kinda price , as long as nice can liao ..
man.. I love their jet black colouration .. and the head ...
For Top View and Side View you cannot have both. Top and side together. Just take you for example do you Work and Shit at the same when you do your work. Or Can you bath and eat at the same time.

Just choose one of them and play with the fish. And Where have you see the winning swimming style.

Playing Ranchu must be patient.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 02:09 PM   #77
Ranchuseed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Choosing Ranchus

Quote:
Originally posted by dra9on
after reading the posts here well as other ranchu sites ..

I machiam like real , choose like a Pro , I viewed them from the top .. for the more ... balanced .. squarish ones and also those which tail are close to it's body ..

but alas !! ... some of those that are nice from the top , are damn koyak when viewed from the side ... knn.. almost none are nice from the top and side view ... only compromise

so , I decided as I am going to keep them in a tank , I might's well get those with a nice side view ... screw the conventional 'show' standard ... and I haven't even looked into the so called show winning swimming style yet (the swimming style is supposed to be .. dunno wat not forceful , elegant .. blah blah blah) , coz I dunno how to

anyway , what the heck , for that kinda price , as long as nice can liao ..

man.. I love their jet black colouration .. and the head ...


You tell me what u know don't confused yourself. And tell me where have you bought the fish ok.

Don't Worried just tell me every one make mistake.

You use to keep arowana before Luo Han. Am i right.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 09:36 PM   #78
Arowman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishMadman



Hi where do you buy your ranchu from. Can you tell me.



2) To buy good Ranchu i have heard of This two person name Alvin and Ron. They sell good quality ranchu. So far i have not seen their fish. But give it a try they have very good players from what i heard.

I was once a customer of Ron's and i have to say that he is probably the best and only source for real japanese ranchu in Singapore. Those interested in ranchu should go and pay him a visit You guys remember the ranchu competition at tanglin mall a few years back? It was organized by Ron and Alvin, hardcore lovers of ranchu!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 01:00 PM   #79
dra9on
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Re: Choosing Ranchus

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishMadman

For Top View and Side View you cannot have both. Top and side together. Just take you for example do you Work and Shit at the same when you do your work. Or Can you bath and eat at the same time.

Just choose one of them and play with the fish. And Where have you see the winning swimming style.

Playing Ranchu must be patient.
U 'sound' damn RUDE !!! .. if that's NOT what U intend to 'sound' then I apologise..

U may be expert in ranchus , but not necc mean U can teach people how to live their lives and your examples sucks ..

YES !!! ... technically , one can shit and work at the same time !
While shitting in my office toilet , I call my staff to tell them to do somehting ..

and YES , we can eat and bath at the same time too.. while rushing to work , I grab a bite of sandwich, went into the bathroom and chew chew and swallow that pc of bread ..

and that's what I did , if U read my post , I stick to the side view ..

and if U had read my post , properly , I HAVEN"T seen the prize winning swimming style , and that's why I dun have anything to compare with ..

and if U had read my post properly again , I am rather patient , understanding that for $35 fish , one can't expect much ..
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 01:07 PM   #80
dra9on
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Re: Choosing Ranchus

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishMadman

You tell me what u know don't confused yourself. And tell me where have you bought the fish ok.

Don't Worried just tell me every one make mistake.

You use to keep arowana before Luo Han. Am i right.
U again ,

If U HAD READ my post PROPERLY

U will be able to deduce that :

no , I am not confused , I just haven't seen a real Jap ranchu .. not knowing something doesn't equal to being confused

I am not worried , and I dun have to tell U everything .. even thou U seem to know everything , but it guess it's just ranchu related ...

alot of people also keep Aro b4 keeping LH .. and no .. I dun just used to keep Aro , I am STILL keeping them ..

gimme a break , stop sounding like some Old Bird .. and keep your post to ranchus ..


  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 10:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)