Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Old 12-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #21
NoWaterKettle

I used to feed my gars MPs, Sutchi Fillet and Smelt, cost almost the same, but some times the prices and availability may fluctuate.
Old 13-03-2011, 05:08 AM   #22
Weiliang
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiNd.feNg View Post
some research is going on with it though, cos they are grown in really really really polluted waters / farms in thailand and vietnam which have many dead fish and other nonsense, yet they can live and produce such 'smell-less' meat. dono if their meat have a lot of toxins not
Bro, can share where to get more information about this research?
Will help a lot with my work.

Most fish farms i've been to are rather clean. Within this industry we often place our fresh harvest in clean clear water tanks for minimum of 3 days before shipping to rid the "muddy smell".

Fish in topic is "Pangasianodon hyphophthalmus", Striped Catfish or Pla Sawai in Thailand.

Sorry for going OT, for contribution I'll like to give heads-up to bros using Sutchi Fillet as feed. Price will be going up sharply due to higher overheads in production costs. Price increase is also in lieu with higher crude oil price so it might be a good time to find alternatives for Sutchi Fillet.

Cheers
Weiliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #23
FanAromatic
Dragon

The cheaper Market prawn at $5 per kg at Seng Siong, if not $7 at other supermarkets, you can cut a few pieces for one prawn, I do that for my Arowana and other fishes.
FanAromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #24
Villier

I have a RTC, he's one vacuum cleaner. Eat a lot! That's why have to find other kind of food. Yea, going down to sheng shiong to look for FOOD for them. But what time will the wet market in sheng shiong close? I plan to go down at around 7pm.
Old 14-03-2011, 11:36 PM   #25
murinus
Arofanatic

from what i remember sheng siong wet market closes the same time as the supermarket. so 7pm should still be fine
murinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #26
Villier

Yea, just went there last night. Still have quite a lot of prawns left. But didn't see any cheap prawns. Cheapest i can find is $7.90/kg