Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Closed Thread

Old 29-08-2008, 07:29 AM   #31
iewgnail

wow. so much easier to identity species. i find it hard to differentiate them initially.

Old 03-09-2008, 03:00 PM   #32
magislayer

from what i heard NTTs are more prone to sudden death

my NTT also died for no reason

Old 19-12-2008, 03:02 PM   #33
agrofanatics

I kept 3 IT at home for a period of 6 -8 months with my aro. I got them when there were about 3-4 inches. And in the span of time, they grew to about 6-7 inches. But one day for NO reason (no change of water etc ... ) the only 3 bar both side died. I took it's body out of the water, no apparent injury (I kept it with my aro and other tigers). Leaving me with the other 2 x 4 bars one. Needless to say .. my heart ached. But I just want to find out what happened to it ... from this web site, I realised that there is a SDS syndrome. But isn't my tiger a little big to catch SDS ... hmm .....

Also, I have been surfing the net trying to find pictures that clearly show the diff bt 3 bar IT and ST. I have some idea (e.g. the tail and body shape). But when I try to put the theories with some of the pictures on the net, I end up mistaking the IT for a ST or the other way round. There are some ST that do not have a thick line on the tail. They look like ITs ... wah .. really headache especially when I am trying to own a ST.

Appreciate if anyone has more info .. cheers to all. This site has been an excellent source of info ...

Last edited by agrofanatics; 19-12-2008 at 03:12 PM.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:21 PM   #34
wongyeng

Thumbs up

A little late in joining this discussion but these pics really speak a thousand words!!! Thanks! I m keeping 3 x 5" IT and 1 x 4" AT with my 13"bichirs and 15" PG and so far so good

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiokmc View Post

Indo Tiger

New Guinea Tiger {Left} and American Tiger {Right}

NorthenThailandTiger {Left} and American Tiger {Right}

American Tiger

Siamese Tiger

Old 09-01-2009, 04:08 PM   #35
shiokmc
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by caNonD View Post
wat about the usual illness associated with tigers n the med for cure
as much as possible, try not to use medi ... if you ever do - use 30-50% recommended dosage... seen too many cases of over-dosing, and cause death and worsening injuries/health

simple addition of salt & increase of aeration would suffice... can also consider adding peat or ketapang leaves- has calming effect + brackish qualities. As all cases, would be better to isolate your Tiger which is undergoin treatment in a 'hospital' tank

best wishes
Closed Thread