Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 19-06-2015, 01:06 PM   #51
scorpio88
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantergal View Post
Guys using gals' nick? that's so funny. Kois are more fun than bags or blings cause there's emotion involved. I guess because kois are big in size so easier to bond with humans compared to say small fish like betta or guppies, certainly not bags haha! Ranchus are kinda cute, guess you don't mix them together with your kois? Keep 5 kois only? Wah that would be very hard to achieve :P Would also like to see picts of your kois swimming in your pond if get a chance. Right now the pond's maintained by Polyart Aquarium, who does yours?
Ya, haha there are some guys doing that. So you can hand feed your kois? So you also dare to touch them as well?
Yup cannot mix kois with ranchus. Ranchus are slow swimmers. They are very cute. Try make it 1 ton per fish. So your kois can grow. Try to control la hehe...
Sure let me find. Oh Polyart doing pond maintenance? I didnt know. I do it myself. So where you bought your kois from?
Cheers!
scorpio88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2015, 09:13 PM   #52
Xmant
Dragon

Scorpio88, 1 ton per fish. You will scare all the newbies like me too.. My space are pretty limited.

Btw, keeping koi is not just about having the space alone to house them but the way we kept it will be important too.

For sure there will be a difference between pond keeping and house keeping. No matter how big our place may have, i dont think that we can achieve the same growth rate.
Xmant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2015, 10:03 PM   #53
Plantergal

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio88 View Post
Ya, haha there are some guys doing that. So you can hand feed your kois? So you also dare to touch them as well?
Yup cannot mix kois with ranchus. Ranchus are slow swimmers. They are very cute. Try make it 1 ton per fish. So your kois can grow. Try to control la hehe...
Sure let me find. Oh Polyart doing pond maintenance? I didnt know. I do it myself. So where you bought your kois from?
Cheers!
Haven't leh, the food float away from hand the minute in water, I think the kois still afraid of me. Yours feed from hands? Heard that their bodies feel like hard piece of jelly. I got all the kois from Marugen Farm, really like their locally bred concept. Don't think I can control myself to only 5-8 kois I already can't stop thinking of a few more. So terrible! Maybe mine won't grow very big, at most prob 65 cm range, but don't think I want them to grow until 80-90 cm, so scary, though some like kindai showa would look very beautiful big! So you grow yours till they reach their maximum lah? Share what you have and your favs leh.

Polyart only starts doing pond maintenance after they acquired a Yishun fish shop a year ago. Very nice folks and knowledgeable, and they open 24 hours. Another one highly recommended is Mr. Ang Kin Soon. How do you clean your own pond? Such hard work and must be a pro!!
Plantergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2015, 02:04 AM   #54
scorpio88
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmant View Post
Scorpio88, 1 ton per fish. You will scare all the newbies like me too.. My space are pretty limited.

Btw, keeping koi is not just about having the space alone to house them but the way we kept it will be important too.

For sure there will be a difference between pond keeping and house keeping. No matter how big our place may have, i dont think that we can achieve the same growth rate.
Hi Xmant,
Yeah, try. When I first started, I am like you as well ... cant resist...
Yes, water plays every part as long as fish keeping...
You are not 100% right bro. A Thai guy can keep jumbo kois in his 8 ton pond.
For house keeping try to keep the minimum. Unless you go for bonsai koi, so you can keep many.
Old 20-06-2015, 02:10 AM   #55
scorpio88
Arofanatic

Quote:
Haven't leh, the food float away from hand the minute in water, I think the kois still afraid of me. Yours feed from hands? Heard that their bodies feel like hard piece of jelly. I got all the kois from Marugen Farm, really like their locally bred concept. Don't think I can control myself to only 5-8 kois I already can't stop thinking of a few more. So terrible! Maybe mine won't grow very big, at most prob 65 cm range, but don't think I want them to grow until 80-90 cm, so scary, though some like kindai showa would look very beautiful big! So you grow yours till they reach their maximum lah? Share what you have and your favs leh.

Polyart only starts doing pond maintenance after they acquired a Yishun fish shop a year ago. Very nice folks and knowledgeable, and they open 24 hours. Another one highly recommended is Mr. Ang Kin Soon. How do you clean your own pond? Such hard work and must be a pro!!
Haha, I cant hand feed as well. I still need to train my patience. So you got touch them. Male koi tends to be firmer in body. Try keeping some Japan ones. So you can do the comparison. Yeah I am trying hard to grow them big. Icic. Mr Ang Kin Soon from polyart as well? Haha, for guys is easy. My filter is small. Just use the pipes to stop the main pond water from flowing into the filter and flush out the water from chamber 1 by a pump. Not pro, I am a guy, so must do it.
Old 20-06-2015, 02:32 AM   #56
scorpio88
Arofanatic

Share with you some old videos of my koi

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/...8/IMG_2728.mp4

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/...8/IMG_2679.mp4

Last edited by scorpio88; 20-06-2015 at 02:35 AM.
Old 20-06-2015, 11:17 PM   #57
Plantergal

Adore your showa very much, a young koi when the video was taken?

Quote:
Old 22-06-2015, 11:21 AM   #58
scorpio88
Arofanatic

Quote:
Adore your showa very much, a young koi when the video was taken?
Should be a year ago. Now has grown quite alot by now.
Old 22-06-2015, 11:17 PM   #59
Plantergal

Quote:
Should be a year ago. Now has grown quite alot by now.
Where do you get all your kois? Regular place or from all sources?
Old 22-06-2015, 11:27 PM   #60
scorpio88
Arofanatic

Quote:
Where do you get all your kois? Regular place or from all sources?
Hi Plantergal,

Mainly from Nippon. Very hard to go for all sources. Anyway stick to the ones you feel comfortable and you may have lobang to get good ones.