Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 17-07-2006, 04:22 PM   #271
FieryBetta

brudder, R Lover also use algae, on walls. Different algae la, now which is better or same ? gw algae or algae on walls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Ng
Dear Bro,

Sorry if I'm interrupting some discussion;

I'm still quite new to Goldfish keeping (though 1 year already) but something just cross my mind; When we claim that green water works, besides the algea, we have inherently introduced sun light. I'm experimenting one Oranda with GW, I do notice some head growth after 2 months.

An for bro Ranchu Lover, with good water parameter, diet and also sun light... (correct me if I'm wrong), he could keep his fishes at tip top condition. I can't really test this out as I'm quite poor with keeping good water parameter. My test will then not be fair to goldfish kept in clear water.

Does it mean that sun light is actually the important factor rather than GW or CW as long as the diet for the fishes in CW is just as good as GW environment?

I'm considered a newbie, my experiment cannot be proved as GW or CW is better. I'm just opening this up for discussion. Hmmm... probably the subject which is easier for me to maintain my GF in good condition
Old 17-07-2006, 04:23 PM   #272
IKI

Wow another tough question leh bro fierybetta........
Old 17-07-2006, 06:17 PM   #273
cichlidtalk
Arofanatic

Hey bro RL ... wah 2nd place in nisai category .. must be a good fish .. and its very generous of you to give it away .. but many pple here know that u are a great kashino fan. how come only got 1 fish ??? thought last year u got many many kashino bbr .... wah trying to hide nice nice fish right ...
cichlidtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2006, 06:43 PM   #274
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidtalk
Hey bro RL ... wah 2nd place in nisai category .. must be a good fish .. and its very generous of you to give it away .. but many pple here know that u are a great kashino fan. how come only got 1 fish ??? thought last year u got many many kashino bbr .... wah trying to hide nice nice fish right ...
I am a fan of good fish not breeder.
Old 17-07-2006, 07:38 PM   #275
FieryBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKI
Wow another tough question leh bro fierybetta........
not very tough la, i think also commonsense gw algae better since more easy to digest, correct or not ? Problem is cannot see fish. So which is better bargain, better fish but can't see it on many days, or can see fish but not so good fish?
Old 17-07-2006, 07:40 PM   #276
FieryBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchu Lover
I have given away that ranchu during the competition I didn't even bench-out the fish myself but the new owner did, and I have not seen it since then. See if that person will want to show it or not.
brudder, you give away a number 2 fish foc ?
Old 17-07-2006, 07:59 PM   #277
cichlidtalk
Arofanatic

Quote:
I am a fan of good fish not breeder.
oh ... ok ... but like i said .... u and many bros here came in many many nice kashinos last year .. what happened to them ??? hmmm ...... dont hide nice fishes mah ... share share a bit leh ...
Old 17-07-2006, 08:01 PM   #278
cichlidtalk
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryBetta
brudder, you give away a number 2 fish foc ?
Yah .. from the way bro RL say looks like he gave away for free leh ... wah .. envy the bro who took the fish leh ... envy envy ...
Old 17-07-2006, 08:05 PM   #279
cichlidtalk
Arofanatic

Quote:
Even if you give me free, and pay me to keep them, I will also not want them.

A Kishino and Takao ranchu to me is far better.
hey bro RL .. if you are a fan of good fish ... then i think ur quote on top must take back liao leh .. because ishikawa has many good fishes also ... and ur preference is kashino and takao .. which shows that they are your preferred breeder leh. so which is which ??? confused liao ...
Old 17-07-2006, 10:53 PM   #280
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidtalk
hey bro RL .. if you are a fan of good fish ... then i think ur quote on top must take back liao leh .. because ishikawa has many good fishes also ... and ur preference is kashino and takao .. which shows that they are your preferred breeder leh. so which is which ??? confused liao ...
A ranchu has to be balanced. Ishikawa ranchus are mostly future ranchu. That is to say that they are generally good as Oya fish. How many of us got skill to keep a ranchu for several years before we can see the potential develope. Kashino and Takao are fish that generally peak at Nisai which is suitable for my kind of keeping.

If you are the patience type, then go for the Ishikawa.