Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 22-07-2007, 05:36 PM   #91
Dene

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumraisin View Post
THANK YOU BRO.... really appreciate your understanding!
no problem bro...
thanks for the upz. will return back when loaded...

Old 22-07-2007, 05:44 PM   #92
Dene

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolngoh View Post
I don't need your help with gill ops thank you, I've performed many by myself on friend's aros.
bro, are u saying that transmore n trim aro gill curl wont cause any stress n no risk involve??
IMO, not many ppl brave enough to trim aro gill curl. n for me, if have to choose between transmore and trim the gill curl with this massage method, i'll go for massage method first. transmore n trim will be my last choice...
but of course other easier method will come first lor...

Old 22-07-2007, 05:49 PM   #93
Dene

Quote:
hey bro, thnx for your confidence! just fried rice or a dead aro, nothing in between??? well then i prefer the fried rice & i want it with abalone in it!

short note: IF & when u use this method, please make sure u do it in a BARE TANK. no corner filter/overflow; no driftwood; no rocks, etc. and dont forget to be GENTLE!
i have some questions here...
1. base on your experience, how long it will take for the gill curl to cure by using this massage method?
2. u said above, perform this in a bare tank without anything inside even the filter. so let say this will take 1 week, then does it means we have to leave the aro in a bare tank without any filteration for 1 week? is it safe??

Old 22-07-2007, 05:53 PM   #94
Tustar
Senior Dragon

Quote:
bro, i've never done it using transmore, so can't really tell you what might the outcome be. i personally have only used transmore on shipping aros in long flights and i'd prefer to stay away from it unless absolutely necessary.

when i used this method on the 18", it was done w/o using transmore. the aro was very calm during the whole process. i think the gentle mov't was the key in winning the aro's confidence!
haha i tis beg to differ bro , some aro are veri ezly spooked and jumpy.. now if tis is one of the req. in order to use the method u have provided . . owners gotta knw ur fish if its suitable to do so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dene View Post
bro, are u saying that transmore n trim aro gill curl wont cause any stress n no risk involve??
IMO, not many ppl brave enough to trim aro gill curl. n for me, if have to choose between transmore and trim the gill curl with this massage method, i'll go for massage method first. transmore n trim will be my last choice...
but of course other easier method will come first lor...
i have nber touch transmore b4 but to wat i knw . . best is slowly add drip by drip till u see the fish goes dissy

anyway both haf thier risk imo . .
but of cos if u decide to op on the gill curl it will be a 1 time job provided it doesnt come back tat is
Old 22-07-2007, 06:11 PM   #95
el993

Quote:
Thank you bro el993! and yes, water level lower down takes out many risks in the process of "chasing." also, letting the aro get acquainted with your hands helps a lot too!
Hope to see more "I've got the solution to ...." in future
Thanks for sharing, it is really interesting and brain storming discussion.
cheers.

Old 22-07-2007, 06:14 PM   #96
el993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tustar View Post
but of cos if u decide to op on the gill curl it will be a 1 time job provided it doesnt come back tat is
If I really need to choose either one then I shall go for massage first, only risk I can see is aro jump out but with good preparation this risk could be minimize to almost zero.

Old 22-07-2007, 06:20 PM   #97
Dene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tustar View Post
haha i tis beg to differ bro , some aro are veri ezly spooked and jumpy.. now if tis is one of the req. in order to use the method u have provided . . owners gotta knw ur fish if its suitable to do so

i have nber touch transmore b4 but to wat i knw . . best is slowly add drip by drip till u see the fish goes dissy

i did use transmore before when transferring my big aro. its quite safe if u know how to use it. but overdose the transmore might harm the aro...

yes, agreed that both method have their own risk. but i think there's more risk with transmore n trim compare to massage method...

Old 22-07-2007, 06:21 PM   #98
Dene

Quote:
Originally Posted by el993 View Post
If I really need to choose either one then I shall go for massage first, only risk I can see is aro jump out but with good preparation this risk could be minimize to almost zero.
same thought here...

Old 22-07-2007, 06:29 PM   #99
el993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dene View Post
same thought here...
Gill cut op if cut too deep may cause permanent defect so I won't go for it unless it is the last resource.

Old 22-07-2007, 06:49 PM   #100
Dene

Quote:
Originally Posted by el993 View Post
Gill cut op if cut too deep may cause permanent defect so I won't go for it unless it is the last resource.
yes, n not to mention the risk of overdose the transmore. after finish op, aro will never wake up...